Torsion Bar Adjusters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yakka

Reaction score
I'm about to install air bags in the rear and wind up my torsion bars and have a couple of questions......
1.When I turn the adjuster bolts, if I turn one say 1 full rotation should the other side be turned the same amount to give the same lift or do I need to measure each side individually?
2.Approx how many turns will give me the 2 inches I'm after?

Thanks,
Any help before I tackle the job is appreciated

I'm about to install air bags in the rear and wind up my torsion bars and have a couple of questions......
1.When I turn the adjuster bolts, if I turn one say 1 full rotation should the other side be turned the same amount to give the same lift or do I need to measure each side individually?

Thanks,

1. Probably both. Also the bars themselves may need to be re-indexed, to get the lift (if thats what ur after)

2. From memory 1 turn was 3mm, just remember to leave 10-15mm between the bumpstop and the A arm and you should be sweet!

Goodluck!

Thanks Tommy

I found some other good threads eventually as well, maybe I should learn to do a decent search before I post a question thats been answered before!!!:dong::dong:

Will be fitting my shocks this weekend and bags the following so if there are any probs with the torsion bars I'm sure you guys will hear from me!!

cheers

Thanks,

air bags in rear!! what a dumb move on a 4x4.. all it takes is a stick or a rock to puncture bag and you are staying put... i learnt a lesson just with polyairs , damaged when a tiny rock thrown up off the innaminka track ,got caught in the bag , then bang, lucky i had the coil spring to back me up (nissan patrol )... sagged on one side but i finished the trip ... anyhow i am sure you will be comfy when you travel to bingo and home .. might see you in the bush one day ,(doubt it )...:devil::devil:

That is a touch on the uncalled for side isn't it?

Apart from anything else I would say I am seeing a different vision of air bags on the rear to you, with helper air bags installed along with the stock leaves for extra load capacity when needed, so in the event of a punctured bag he is no worse off then stock.

And anyway, what says he has to offroad it, I have sold my nav now but it never went anywhere worse than the paddocks at home. I bought it as I wanted a ute with reasonable clearance and good ability to tow my race car, just as valid a reason to have one as crawling over rocks.

MakingFriends02.gif

just fyi yakka, I wound mine up similar distance, (but back to stock height after fitting accessories) and got a wheel alignment after , there were adjustment required to -toe in (3mm out ), camber(0.3-0.6) and castor(0.2-1.1).
dont know if they are big adjustments or not, but might be worth considering.

air bags in rear!! what a dumb move on a 4x4.. all it takes is a stick or a rock to puncture bag and you are staying put... i learnt a lesson just with polyairs , damaged when a tiny rock thrown up off the innaminka track ,got caught in the bag , then bang, lucky i had the coil spring to back me up (nissan patrol )... sagged on one side but i finished the trip ... anyhow i am sure you will be comfy when you travel to bingo and home .. might see you in the bush one day ,(doubt it )...:devil::devil:

there are hundreds of people that run rear air bags that do heaps of trail and touring work, i've known plenty of people that run airbags in the rear with a big slide on camper and have done the simpson desert, etc with no issues.

you just get bad luck, not surprised...

and if the airbags do go you arent screwed as you arent supposed to have air bags as your ONLY suspension. they're there to ASSIST the leaf springs or coil springs.

your replying to a two year old post. you seam to love talking to your self.

Back