Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagMan

Reaction score
Had a set of these fitted today. 265/70/16.
they were $275 each - best i could do on price locally.

I was told 265/75/16's would be not legal in qld.
A few Tyre places said the same thing?

The slightly larger size has brought the speeds to within 2 k/h at 100 klms.
Hope i get good life out of them.
The standard set of Dunlops lasted 42000k's.They wore the outside off them.

Bloody expensive few days with a 40k service and new rubber!

265/70/16 is that max u can go re. legalities for QLD which is shit (cant exceed 50mm from factory diameter).

i was pulled over by QLD transport and didnt get pulled up for my 265/75/16 mick T's...they prob pulled me over to admire the D40 ;-)

pirelli scorpions got best rating in 4wd action mag too

I tossed up between these, Mickey Thompson & Hankooks, ended up going with the Hankooks and couldn't be happier but everything i heard about the Scorpions was positive so they should be good. Just to add, i got the Hankooks for $220 ech fitted n balanced.

Nice. I've found the Scorpions even though they are not the chunkiest ATR available, they sure do hang on nicely in the rough stuff, not so good in mud, (but I drive around that :big_smile:).

nismo4x4 said:
265/70/16 is that max u can go re. legalities for QLD which is shit (cant exceed 50mm from factory diameter).

i was pulled over by QLD transport and didnt get pulled up for my 265/75/16 mick T's...they prob pulled me over to admire the D40 ;-)

pirelli scorpions got best rating in 4wd action mag too

You are right about 265/70/16 being the biggest you can legally go in QLD.
You can only go a max of 15mm greater than factory tyre diameter.

255/70/16 is 763.4 mm dia
265/70/16 is 777.4 mm dia, difference 14 mm
265/75/16 is 803.9 mm dia, difference 40.5 mm

I used http://www.voxwheels.com/ for the tyre size comparison.

Although the ACOP states you can go up to 50 mm for 4wd vehicles.

I personally have 265/75/16 MTZ's on mine and have not been pinged. I guess it might be different if
I ever have an accident. However I did inform my insurance company I was putting bigger tyres on and
they had no issues.

Regards Murph

Ive got them on mine.

Not too bad, but i dont know how they claim them to be an ATR, the slightest bit of mud and they are shit.

They also slide in the wet and dont grip well when stopping.

However, they are good on the road, quiet and smooth.

well so far the new feet seem to be pretty good.

The wife drove the nav for the school pickup today and commented that the ride was better and the steering was more responsive.

so that will do me!

I did a few ks in the wet and i believe it handles better than before.

You'd find it hard to get something as bad as the originals in the wet, especially when it has only rained a little and it's greasy.

Back