COOPER STT Armor-Tek3 265/75R16's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyD40

Reaction score
I'm about to put some COOPER STT Armor-Tek3 265/75R16's on my camper trailer - these are the same tyres that Tim bates has on his patrol (slightly different size though) ... any one got good or bad reports on these tyres ?

Eventually i'll replace the Maxis Bighorns on the Navara to these tyres too - The Maxis just arn't lasting - with considerable wear after only 20K kms.

For those who dont know who Tim Bates is ... you'll recognise him if you watch a few of the recent 4x4 action dvd's, particularly with the recent shoots with Graham Cahill in the Vic High Country and upcoming episodes up the NSW coast as well.

Hi woody can,t comment on the stt armor-tek3, But i just put the cooper st maxx in 265 75 16 on my nav 3 weeks ago $350 a corner. These replace the old version of the cooper st, The new version has same side wall construction as the stt just slightly less aggressive tread pattern. Done about 800 km on them so far mainly on road but i have taken the long way home a couple of times and they seem to grip pretty well. And with the new lift they look good under the ute imo:wash_truck:

thanks Dave ...

we'll have to do a track together then, and test our both versions of the coopers ...

oh, hang on - you got a D22, not much competition then, i'll just come along to recover you instead ....

(snigger)

but seriously, thanks for the feedback.

To put it bluntly coopers are shit. They are over priced rubbish. I have a set and ill barely get 40k out of them. Ill be going back to a cheaper tyre for my next set

I'm about to put some COOPER STT Armor-Tek3 265/75R16's on my camper trailer - these are the same tyres that Tim bates has on his patrol (slightly different size though) ... any one got good or bad reports on these tyres ? Eventually i'll replace the Maxis Bighorns on the Navara to these tyres too - The Maxis just arn't lasting - with considerable wear after only 20K kms.
I've just ordered 8 Maxx's 265/75/16 for the camper and Nav. It hurt the pocket at that many.! I was absolutely stoked with my Cooper ST's with now 75,000 on them and still about 5 to go so if I get anywhere near that out of the new ones it'll be happy days :rock:

Everyone has their opinion and likes / dislikes though. Its all up to the individual really. But I'll let you know how mine go.

Woody - I had STT on my Triton and they pulled so hard to the left that the alignment specs were off the chart. I couldn't believe my wife was happy to drive it the 40km's home. Fitter told me that it was a regular problem with that tyre but you won't know until they are fitted. When it would finally drive straight they performed okay but I prefer the Mickey T MTZ I have now. I sold the Triton a few months later so I can't comment on their wear and tear. Having said that - mine were the previous model tyre.

In hindsight - I wanted the STT - thought they were the ducks guts - but the fitter did try to lean me towards MTZ's - and they stocked a few offroad brands.

Ask a tyre fitter, who stocks different brands, what they think of them. And did Tim pay for his or are they a 'gift' from Cooper?

I have 33s on the patrol. Great in the dirt and mud, not so much on the road loud and rough. I put a 2 inch gash in one brand new one down the centre so that was a throw away.
Depends what kind of driving you do. Just put the at3s on the nav and would look at the st max on the patrol next at 285/75/16

thanks Dave ...

we'll have to do a track together then, and test our both versions of the coopers ...

oh, hang on - you got a D22, not much competition then, i'll just come along to recover you instead ....

(snigger)

but seriously, thanks for the feedback.

Come along and recover.LMAO you cant go out without breaking something on your D40 woody.lol

Have had the Cooper ST Maxx's 265/75/16's on the Nav now for 6 weeks. Drove from Bateman's Bay to Hobart with a mix of bitumen, sand, dirt, and mud... All towing the camper trailer, and without for around 1/4 of that.

And I have to say.. MANY THANKS to Chris at Moruya NSW Beaurepaires because my car has never driven so damned straight..!!! No pull to the left, which is the first time since I bought it new 6 years ago.

But that aside the tyres are SO quiet... They grip well and handle beautifully.. Very happy indeed.

Back