is my clutch gone?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
hi

driving in general traffic today. 3rd gear at 40km/h. Changed to 4th gear still doing 40km/h. then, with the clutch fully out and no acceleration, the revs jumped up about 500rpm.

This has been repeaeting itself in a few speeds, at various revs, in various gears. E.g. - 2nd gear at 35km, up to 3rd gear and revs jump from 2500 to 3000. Its like the clutch is sticking and even tho the pedal feels fully out.

Never repalced a clutch before so I'm not sure what to expect when its going.

Doesn't seem to be the turbo from the sounds and also watching the revs..... doesn't always jump when at the 2200 ish range when the turbo should kick in.

Also, no extra power. In fact, seems more sluggish.

Help is, as always, appreciated.

Lj

Gday Lj,

Does sound like what my Nissan pulsar was doing just before its clutch gave out, and the clutch did always seem long on that to me, until after the new clutch went in.
The rpm spikes were higher when it happened to me, but this was a petrol, and I did plant it when ever that happened.
Ahh first cars, what fun they are...

Sorry I cant really help, best of luck though mate.
Might be a chance to get a Heavy Duty one haha.

-Brodie

yup - clutch is gone. Getting fixed next Thursday. For anyone interested:

Spigot Bush................................$5.40
EK7373HD Exedy HD Clutch......$706
Machine Flywheel.......................$30
Rear main Seal inc housing........$122
Gear oil 75/90............................$55
Labour and levies (7hrs work)...$700
total......................................$1740

Looking at some other threads I've seen prices range from $1300 to $2200. Bundy's never really cheap on work like this so its an OK price.

clutch is replaced Exedy HD (old one was worn down to the rivets), machined flywheel, new rear main seals....

Stalled it going out the workshop - can actually feel the clutch engaging thru the pedal. A little sharp at moment. Feels 100 times better than before.

Revised cost $1610. Happy to have my ute running again :)

Last edited:
Nice mate! Glad to hear it's back on the road. We should organise a run up to krombits it or 5rocks for late October, depends when the RDO's are scheduled for the new company.

Latest posts

Back