cape trip in sep 11

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
few more details of trip
leaving maitland nsw 1st sep travel to cairns with stops in narrabri and emerald be in cairns on fri nite spend the sat/sun there then travel up the eastern coast with stops at melville, archer river, chilli beach,water falls, seishi, the tip
then travel back down the west coast vrilya point, weipa, pennefather then not sure from there see whats left of our 5 of oct dead line for wifes work

Just got back from Vrilya, Creek fishing was ordinary (Crystal 1 & 2), hard work for bugger all crabs or fish, although the odd reasonable Jack and Blue Salmon were caught. Mackerel going nuts out the front in 5-8m of water if you've got a boat. Look for bait balls on your sounder. Roads are pretty good, we made it to VP in one day from Cairns (left at 3am).

cant wait doing the last of the packing today. the boys im going with are taking a boats so should be able to get in a few bait balls an get some big fish. will get plenty of pics

Hey bud, we were up there in June and had a ball if you plan on staying at twin falls go to the next one canal creek about 500m from the turn off up the telly track, it was one of the best camps we stayed three for 2 nights swimming in the rock pools and driving back to the other water falls and the best part was there were hardly any one staying there and it was free

Yeah lad, i suppose i did forget to mention that... the 21km or so after the log bridge to VP itself is pretty corrugated... but i've definitely seen worse, and that was as early on as about 10km past Laura (last year). Road was that shit we drove on the side of the road in the drain full of bulldust at about 20kms/hr. But i'm not lying about getting there in a day, we were setting up camp at 4:30pm the same day. The last 25km + 10km beach driving to the point took us almost 2 hours.

Hey guys thanks for the info. Been traveling for two day now having a good trip up trucks running well touch wood. Stopped at clermont tonight then on to cairns. Up dates when I can

hmm wat a trip had some car troubles. was using water on the way to cairns got to cairns thought it was a bad radiator cap which we replaced and seamed to fix the problem drove on to cooktown only to overheat as the car was idoled in the carvan park. while paying then as soon as we moved it temp came down. after driving around town and getting little to know help from local mechanic and temp not moving. decided to go back to cairns to get more spares. driving back to cairns we got to mt molloy and overheated again. got towed back to cairns were we had the car looked at in cairns and were told exhaust gas in the cooling system and not to drive it. so hired a patrol and left the nav. rest of the trip was amazing cant wait to go again. was hard not being able to do some of the tracks out of fear of loosing the $5000 deposit on the hire car. we traveled up the east coast going to cape melvie chilly beach captain billys the water falls then the tip then down to VP weiper pennyfather then back to cairns. got the car back home thanks to nrma.

Back