Superwinch X9

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJWB

Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to inherit an X9 from one of my work vehicles, it's never been used, is only 12 or so months old, has been swimming, but doesnt work.

Any ideas on where I should start looking for problems? More importantly, has anyone installed one and have any tips?!?

First bet would be to find a manual if you haven't got one. Second would be to figure out if it's an electrical issue or a mechanical issue. There is plenty of tests you could do but without knowing your skillset it's a bit hard to know whether they are tests you can do or if you'd need to take it to someone.

Check the solenoid for corrosion on the terminals, and open up the motor to check nothing is seized

If its been swimming i'd say theres going to be a few things at fault.
Start pulling it apart, lay everything out as you do this (dining table works for me, *joke*) and replace everything that looks the slightest bit dodgy!
While you're in there look at re-sealing everything you can and upsizing the power cables

Thanks for the feedback guys, skill set is low but motivaiton is high. Also have skilled family members to call on.

Lets see how we go!

Just remember that you are required to have a few bits over whenever you get the thing back together, it's those bits that stopped it working in the first place.

Latest posts

Back