My d21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olgus69

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my nav. Not much happening at the moment, hopefully ome sus will be coming in the next couple of weeks. Just fitted a turbo timer ,uhf ,vdo boost gauge, central locking, oh and a vdo egt gauge should be arriving soon. Terrano td27t motor with 2.5 mandrel exhaust, want to fit a custom radiator and preferably front mount intercooler but not sure as to where thepipes will fit through the front apron. Not much room. Didnt really want the top mount cooking element stylefor heat purposes, as ive got a wrx with top mount and really dont like the whole idea, they seem to only be efficient if your up to speed, and i want mine to perform at very low speeds as well. And an oil air seporator would be nice to stop the inside of the inlet mani looking like it has been painted in bitumen.

004.jpg

smallfile2.jpg

006.jpg

Mate, that is sweet as. Where's the bull bar from? That's the cleanest D21 engine bay I've ever seen. Where did you source your central locking kit, I'm thinking of going with the no-name one Jaycar sell.

Oil-air separator? Why not just fit a catch can?

Oil air seporator/catch can to me their the same thing i thought. I just got a central kit from wow sight and sound(works a treat). Thanx for the compliments.Front bar needs to be changed to eventually making way for a winch.( wat a big shopping list....)

Hey olgus69, with your bull bar what did u use for the mounting points, just the recovery points or did you use the bumper points as well? It would be nice to get a few ideas for my own.
Ta Scotty.

Sorry for the late replyd21 demon used both points mate. I need to find somewhere to get plastic end caps for the bar ,i think the id is around 40-42mm.

Very neat 21 mate, love the bar too, I'm in the process of designing my new bar and that's one of the best I've seen.
What do you think of the TD27? I'm looking for an easy swap for the tired Z24 in my king cab.
Pete

Mate i rekon the td27t is an awsome motor. tuff as nails... Im running a 2.5 mandrel straight through exhaust and it goes quite well, next step a water to air intercooler and im sure it will go a bit better again.

Well Ive been spending lots of money on the the old girl lately, just not on the things i want.... Firstly had a single piece tail shaft made as the old one constantly went through centerbearings, still looki for a radiator that i dont have to mod too much too fit that is bigger than the one in it. The good news is a short ally tray is going on at the end of next week, and i have almost finally paid off my new sus so it can now get fitted. Will post up some pics oncee the new bits go on.

Here's some pics of the new tray, Ill have to take off the rack and the sides, I dont mind that impractical look... Ha Ha...

TheNav004copy.jpg

TheNav005copy.jpg

TheNav011copy.jpg

Thanx mate ,looking forward to getting the new sus fitted. How is your turbo and intercooler coming along?

Any chance of some photos where you can see the inside of the tray?

Have to build a few things first, the turbo is sort of on the backburner because I want to get it injector-serviced and dyno-tuned at the same time I fit the turbo and intercooler and that means saving like $2000 in addition to saving for a month in the US next year... $$$

Very slick, that's a nice tray. What's your trade? What did the tray set you back if I may ask?

Back