Why can't I lift my D40 3 inches?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrol Luke

Reaction score
I am wanting a 3 inch lift but everyone I ask says that the D40 doesn't get a 3 inch just 2 and 5.

Why? If you can jack a car up 5 inches surely 3 isn't impossible. When I ask this question the suspension guys don't answer and just try flogging me a 2 or 5 inch lift saying that their product is the best and 3 inches isn't possible.

iv got 4 inch in the front of mine and the cv angle is fine.

send max from monster rides an email, and he should get back to you soon im waiting on a reply about prices and whatnot for 4" kits and uca's

[email protected]

tell him kyle (onlock) passed on the details

I haven't seen any 3 inch suspension lifts, their all 2,4's and 5's. But you could do a 2" lift then either but in 1" spacers or a 1" body lift. I just finished installing a tough dog 2" lift kit and now I have a 2" body lift to install.

i did a 2" ironman lift and 2" spacers on top on the front, now it sits level and i dont have a issue bottoming out my rails on errosion mounds

Monster rides currently have a 3" lift kit for the d40, try them

The kit is being tested at the moment. It wont be released onto the market until evrything is 100% and that includes upper control arms which arent made yet...

your best bet would be to touch base at the end of the year again.

Looking at around a 4" lift with good CV angles too.:rock:

I recently got in contact with caloffrad
Supposedly the best IFS guy getting around.
This was his response:

There are many rumours out there but what we do is
2" suspension lift

2" strut spacer don't work properly on D40 (ok on hilux)

3" not an option as causes problems and doesn't work properly (ok on hilux)

4-5" brings geometry back to as close to standard as possible so works well

And a 2" body lift $450 + install is a cheaper option but difficult if you have aftermarket front bar
most of our customers run either 2" or 4-5" or all of it together also comes down to budget so that will determine outcome

Gday mate. As to do with the 3 inch kit i can proudly say i own a 3 inch monster rides rekon kit. Fitted it on wednesday and love it. Looks a treat and was easy as to install. Ive been in contact with matt from monster rides since the start of the year and they have finally brought out the 3 inch kit. Although its still only a prototype matty is looking at making ucas and ball joints for the d40 in good time. Mine was a prototype version as to try it out and i love it. Hopefully its not to long till the full kit is out.

i did a 2" ironman lift and 2" spacers on top on the front, now it sits level and i dont have a issue bottoming out my rails on errosion mounds

Hey mate, just wondering how the kit is going for you so far, Im looking at doing the same thing with mine and Im sick of people telling me it cant be done.

Thanks

yea all going well, apart from the upper control arm hitting on the coil hat on down travel, im waiting on some after market uca's to be released to fix this problem though

I have a 2" tough dog suspension lift and a 30mm body lift from Zordo, this gives you just over 3"s. I'm very happy with it, think it's a good height.

Hi
Just installed lovells 2inch lift like half an hour ago. My mate was helping me and freaked out when they use standard shocks and weren't longer for extra travel. Yes he did installed then for a living a few years ago.
This ate at me for ages then I realised what the issue is why it's only classed as 2inch lift only, I've got 80mm so far!
Unless you get modified kit like 5inch calmini the hole suspension kit will only drop so far onto the bumpstops and the front struts are at max with no further drop for front when taking them out.
All the front kits do is give stiffer springs so the front won't drop as much as standard springs and is thus not really possible for a so called 3 inch lift.

Hi guys,

3 inch's can easy be archived, I have a 09 d40 Stx Spanish built and just did the 3 inch lift. I have been looking on the net for years for what options were out there. Nobody in Australia does a 3 inch kit, even monster rides is still in the experimental stage. I have spoke to many companies in the USA and ended up going through PRG PRODUCTS, Greg there is very helpful. Now calmini ,total chaos prg , spc, all make upper control arms, but when u lift your truck over 2 inches sometimes its really hard to get your alignment back to stock. That's why I went with the Spc, light racing upper control arm, because the arm is slotted on top of the ball joint so u have heaps of extra alignment. Plus they are only $400 bucks. Also the main other reason why i went with SPC arms is that the ball joint has a covered boot. all the others are just exposed so after a year or 2 people were having to replace them. And I also got radflow adjustable coilovers from PRG, and wound those bad boys up to 3 inches. Snake racing in Australia sell the same coilovers for like $1400, get them from the states for only $700. I'll post some pics for ya.

Latest posts

Back