Stop seat belt alarm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraD22

Reaction score
I live on a farm and often drive slowly in the field without a seat belt as i need to get out every few meters to check on the crops etc.

I wanted to stop the buzzer\alarm that goes off when no seat belt is on so I disconnected the wires under the drivers seat.

Anyone know if these wires do anything else but the sensor for the seat belt?

(to be clear, i do not drive at speed or the public roads without a seat belt on)

Had mine disconnected for two years now without any indication they do anything other. If the seats had side airbags (which they don't) it wouldn't be a good idea.

Cheers Brad

i second that motion, i go shooting a fair bit and it's really annoying to either wear your seat belt or hear the buzzer, i disconnected it under the seat and haven't had a problem in the 3 months it's been disconnected

I didn't even know a D22 had a seat belt buzzer, my 06 doesn't.

I had this problem at work with the new hilux's and they are so unbelievably easy.
1. With feet off accelerator,brake etc, Turn on ignition
2. Press trip button 3 times, turn off ignition.
3. Wait 2 seconds, turn ignition on, press trip button and hold for 12 seconds.
4. Plug seat belt in. Trip meter changes to b-on, press trip meter once to b-off. 5. Turn off ignition and done, no more seat belt buzzer.

I know this isn't a yota forum but i like the idea of leaving cables and shit alone. I wonder if any of the Navara's have anything similar to the hilux's.

Brett

Yeah, that's sort of what I've been doing, but it makes it awkward to put the belt back on when I get back on the public roads or whenever I feel I should have it...

The under-seat wire disconnection has worked a treat by saving my ears from the constant noise. If only I could do the same to my wife.

Which Colour wire is the buzzer ?? Some threads on here say the yellow sets off the air bag??

I think it was a red and a black wire in a loose black plastic covering. It's a white connector that I detached.

I dont remember seeing a yellow wire, but I could be wrong.

I bought a similar seat belt clip from a local crazy clarks/solly's/dimmy's/overflow/$2 shop.

It's made to hold a dog in place in your back seat and has a seat belt buckle at one end with a small nylon strap and a clip for a dog collar.

Comes in hand when off road and only cost $2.

!B7G9e0wEWk~$(KGrHqMOKooEy+jC0cQWBMzVUdV+!Q~~-1_35.JPG

Does anyone have the code/sequence of buttons to push in the Navara to do this like in the HiLux.?? There HAS to be one.
Cheers
Glenn

Yeah but I dont wanna do that if I can just code it off. There MUST be a code to do it and it'd be heaps easier and not to mention helpful to forum members to know. BTW I want mine of for hunting reasons.
Cheers
Glenn

Yeah but I dont wanna do that if I can just code it off. There MUST be a code to do it and it'd be heaps easier and not to mention helpful to forum members to know. BTW I want mine of for hunting reasons.
Cheers
Glenn

by the time u turn your ignition on and off you could have the wires unplugged it tey will take u about 5 seconds to unplug

buy a seat belt buckle from the wreckers, or the whole belt and cut it off use the buckle, just a idea some of those seat belts are connected to the cars air bags,

I will try and find out the code and IF I find it will post it up. Don't like just unplugging things.
Cheers
Glenn

Latest posts

Back