which pipe bender?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went a tool shop cheap hydraulic pipe bender. All it is, is a bottle jack in the middle of a frame with interchangable dies. I'm pretty happy with it so far, it took some figuring out after some crushed pipes but all good now. I would choose a rachet one next time though I think.

The cheeper hydraulic jack type ones have a pretty tight radius on the former so if bending thin wall pipe ( less than 2.5mm ) be careful as it is easy to kink but can be done up to 90deg. Otherwise I would recommend a manual bender with a ratchet setup but you will be looking at around a grand plus. That's just my opinion but someone else may have different experience

I've got a speedwerks Mandrel bender (runs off a compressor) - it does a fantastic job, very clean neat consistent bends - we can get 180 degree bends that don't mark or pinch the tube - the downside is the dies are very expensive.

The cheeper hydraulic jack type ones have a pretty tight radius on the former so if bending thin wall pipe ( less than 2.5mm ) be careful as it is easy to kink but can be done up to 90deg. Otherwise I would recommend a manual bender with a ratchet setup but you will be looking at around a grand plus. That's just my opinion but someone else may have different experience

also to avoid crushing in the bend, take your time and do it slowly when getting tight angles.
ive proven this myself and everytime i just take it slow it comes out pretty good.

remeber pipe and tube are different

Bit of a trade secret is to fill the pipe being bent with sand. Acts like a mandrel. And wont matter how thin the wall thickness of the pipe or tube is.

i use the jd2 model 3 bender. dies are expensive but great bends and easy to use.

Latest posts

Back