Transfer Case Crossmember

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
Hi guys, was out in Tasmanias Hollybank forrest today and found a nasty rock that decided to bend the crossmember that the transfure case sits on down. No major damage was done as it was just a little bit of a twist and didnt actually toutch the transfure case or its mounts, but i would like to replace it rather then try and bend it back so i can then make up bashplates and protection plates to prevent this from happining again.

My question to the more mechanical wise out there is, is there anything special i should know before changing it out? It looks like its not to difficult, drop out the bolts each side and there you go, but just wanted to make sure that the transfure case isant going to drop out on me or if I'l stuff up some sort of alinment?

Any help would be great as if its going to become a major job its into the shop it goes!

Cheers in advance!

Hi guys, was out in Tasmanias Hollybank forrest today and found a nasty rock that decided to bend the crossmember that the transfure case sits on down.

Wow good job, that must have been a heck of a bang.

My question to the more mechanical wise out there is, is there anything special i should know before changing it out? It looks like its not to difficult, drop out the bolts each side and there you go, but just wanted to make sure that the transfure case isant going to drop out on me or if I'l stuff up some sort of alinment?

No alignment to stuff up. Make sure the transfer case is well supported by some form of jack or jackstand before removing the crossmember, or the engine, transmission and transfer case are unsupported from dropping down and damaging something. Don't take any risks with rounding bolts off etc, and soak in penetrating oil first.

Is it the gearbox cross member or the one that goes under the transfer case.If it is the one that goes under the transfer case it is the cross member that holds your torsion bars.

Yep was a big bang! could probably hear it in melbourne!

Its not the one that holds the torsion bars, its the one further foward,
Cheers guys, il get the part from nissan and get to it :)

Next job, bash plates! Dont want to do that again!

On a side note, the 4x4 hear in tasmania is off the hook! Can recomend to anyone thinking of comeing exploring to check it out! Just make sure your prepared with a full range of recovery equipment!

Back