2011 d22 2' body lift troubles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've just put a 3' suspension lift in my d22 this week and got a set of 32' goodyear wrangler mtr rubber and i couldn't steer full lock because they scrub. I went to opposite lock at springwood and they said they wouldn't do a body lift because of the airbags.

Just wanted to know the difficulty with a bodylift on a 2011 d22

How much do they scrub? Have you trimmed your front mudguards yet? If not do a quick search in the d22 tyre and wheel section and plenty of info and pics on fitting 32s etc

I had 32" on a stock D22 factory alloy rims and I trimmed the mudguard by about 10mm (all plastic that certainly did no damage to tyres or car). No reason why a 3" susp lift would make it worse - should make it better. Have you been under the car for a look where its scrubbing yet?

You can do a body lift. Air bag sensors will not be affected. Have a look here and use the search hey (heaps of info in here matey):
http://www.navara.asia/d22-body-chassis/9346-body-lift-queensland.html

Lj

I have 32s on 2" suspension and no scrubbing. Trim the mudgaurds and its sorted. Bodylift are apparently easy to do. I will hd doing a 1" body soon. Talk to zordo/john about body lifting. He will give you the run down.

Rusty

i've trimmed the mudflaps and cut about 15mm out of each guard and it scrubs when i drive over a gutter at an angle. Its looks like its just catching the edge of the cab where the front guard meats the body.

Opposite lock told me that i need to take it through the pits at Darra if i do a 2' body lift because it could effect the way the airbag is deployed, sounds really strange to me but its what i was told.

Yes 2" body lift is doable on airbags vehicles. With the vehicle mod form signed from the right people in Brisbane and the installed and car taken to tmr or something like that for inspection by qualified inspector then you pay them a small amount of money and you have your approval.

The pits sound a lil serious for a completely approved and legal installation. I think its just an inspection to make sure they are done properly and you know what they are.

Goodluck
Rusty

i've just put a 3' suspension lift in my d22 this week and got a set of 32' goodyear wrangler mtr rubber and i couldn't steer full lock because they scrub. I went to opposite lock at springwood and they said they wouldn't do a body lift because of the airbags.

Just wanted to know the difficulty with a bodylift on a 2011 d22

3" lift and 32's should fit. im running no lift and 32's bighorns and dont get rubbing at all. What rims you using?

Pete

Jared_2011/D22 said:
Opposite lock told me that i need to take it through the pits at Darra if i do a 2' body lift because it could effect the way the airbag is deployed, sounds really strange to me but its what i was told.

Superior engineering were telling ms the same thing, their line was "because the body sits higher over the chassis the extra body roll might make the airbags deploy unnecessarily"

However, as far as I know, our airbag deployment is done from sensors inside the actual crush cans at the front... Thus, they're only activated from an impact that crumples the front of the chassis rails... Im probably wrong though.

Ahah I love hearing about more body roll when you lift the body off the chassis. Yes its is there but its very minor. The centre of gravity is still there but cause the engine/transmission/ transfer fuel tank is still bolted to the chassis not the body the centre of gravity will not change.

As for the sensor they are on the body and need a impact to set them off. So again body lift does nothing to them. If your worried you can move the front sensor up to the next set of holes when you lift the bullbar.

I'm only doing 1" but that's all I want. In the 2.5l str you have to remove the radiator and knock the bottom bracket down about 10mm to allow the radiator hose to not kink. If you have any other questions ring zordo he will fill you in.

Rusty

that sounds right, airbags are deployed from impact in the crumple zones, they shouldn't deploy from a roll with no front impact. I'll try to get some pics up of the tyres and where they scrubbed.

Hey guys just doing some research. But is there a link on the forum that has a how to do body lift???? And the body lift points.... Also I have 2010 d22 str, is it safe and in sa it says u can do a body lift up 2". So im guessing I won't need to get it certified.... Cheers

Back