Driving from Thailand to Oz

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilko

Reaction score
Just bought a 2 year old Navara - 4x4 4dr 2.5.
Once I've sorted out the various clicks whirrs, whines clacks and other foibles that are driving me completely neurotic, I intend to drive the thing From Northern Thailand to Oz (and back).

anyone else interested?

I intend to connect, publicise and raise money for nature conservation efforts along the way. I already have a bit of interest from the media etc but I'm looking for some more participants = preferably with a Nissan who would like to join in the project.

If you'd like more info please PM me.

make sure you have your passport or you may end up on christmas island for an extra long stay.... :sarcastic:

Its the new way of people smuggling.The Australian Navy are now going to have to put fish and 4wd finders in the ships and try and hook the 4wdrives from the bullbar with their anchors.lol

It would appear that most people on this thread haven't even heard of ferries!

THe route is basically Malaysia, (Singspore) Indonesia, East Timor, to Oz.

THis route has been done before. (BTW it's drive on the left all the way)

My angle is to visit sites of ecological interest.
Nature reserves, conservation projects etc.
I will set up a web site and blog - both audio and visual to log the trip.
The idea being that anyone interested in donating or helping any of these projects will be able to donate DIRECTLY to a particular organisation by using the facilities on my site - e.g paypal etc.

I have had several rejections of sponsors and a few expressions of interest - I'm not too bothered at present as I will seek more sponsorship when my plans become more concrete.

Bureaucracy is complicated but "do-able" - the biggest problem is getting the vehicle in (and out) of Australia.

If anyone is interested in taking part they should PM me with details of why they think they would be able to contribute.

I an based in Thailand and m thinking of doing a trip round sites in Thailand first to establish the project.

Different kind of fairies on this forum Kwilko

Good luck with your ferries though.

Some times one has to state the obvious. It's like beating someone on the head with a sledge hammer...although in my case that would never work, head full of shit just splatters.

So literacy and spelling problems abound here?

I think one needs a fairly broad range of skills to negotiate this task.....as filling in forms is a major factor, literacy could be quite a significant factor.

Basically the idea of taking the Navara would in the hope that Nissan might offer some help and could see it as an opportunity to see their vehicle drive through Thailand where it is manufactured, ASEAN a main market to Australia where many are shipped to. lots of photo-opps and good "green" publicity......... However they haven't bitten so in the end I may take another vehicle - a 31 year old Landcruiser.

I would think such an effort from an unknown (no offense) would be hard to garner support from most car manufacturers let alone Nissan. If you were a famous 4wd personality that appears on tv in the regions you go through it would be easy but Nissan don't appear to give too much of a crap about sponsoring decent things these days.

There was an article floating around the other day stating Mr Nissan could sell 1000 more D22's a month if they could get stock but they can't get stock so they have to limit their sales. Maybe they don't want to sponsor too much incase they get too many sales opportunities they can't fulfill I don't really know but I can tell you from experience Nissan are harder to get shit out of the Toyota.

There was an article floating around the other day stating Mr Nissan could sell 1000 more D22's a month if they could get stock but they can't get stock so they have to limit their sales.

Lol, now that is a funny. If there was real competition for D22's, then the price would be higher compared to other 4WD.

Krafty is right. Wr could easily sell way more. But they are all ordered back order haha. If it gets To us it's already sold. The price is unbeatable for the product.

Latest posts

Back