D22 3ltd speedo not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecdan

Reaction score
hi all i was driving the other day when my speedo became intermitant and was jumping around for a day then it just stopped and hasnt worked for a week. i drive and the speed stays on 0 any ideas ?? i have taken off the dash and nothing unusual there and on the gear box there are a few connections there and i dont no what one is the speedo the car has done about 210 000km

Download the pdf manual from the D22 section, until someone else comes along to offer up suggestions it will give you something to read and possibly tell you what the speedo connects to.

Speedo is the rearmost one in the transfer case. Sounds like a wire has broken down near the sensor.

i just bought a new speed sensor for my 98 d22. its pretty expensive $480. im having trouble getting the old one out. any one got any ideas?

Hit Dion up mate.

I know he has changed one. He had a great time getting his out.

Wow $480 you got reamed. With these sensors, you have to be incredibly gentle, just get it to turn, don't break off the little tab the bolt goes through, once you can get it to turn with plenty of WD40 around the bore of the whole and being gentle, try to extract it with fingers. The sensor is too fragile for tools. Unless that definitely isn't working, then pull the whole transfer case apart and smash the sensor up to remove it piece by piece. It's a shit job, set aside a whole day.

Back