YD25 engine Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exportnavara

Reaction score
Problem that no one can solve till now
Engine not revving more than 2000 rpm
And not going more than 60 km/h
Dealership changed turbocharger, injector pump but nothing changed
Anyone had the same problem
Any suggestions please

try this:

1. Ignition "ON", count to 3.
2. Depress/Release pedal 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 (not 7!) and fully depress pedal
4. Count to 12 (SES should be blinking), release pedal
5. Count to 10, depress pedal
6. Count to 10, release pedal.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

doubt it will work but its worth a shot by any means!

It does sound awfully like limp mode but surely the dealer would have picked that up before changing the turbo? Does it only rev to EXACTLY 2000rpm? Same every gear? Limp mode should dissappear when the ignition is turned off and back on, so maybe there is a fault in the elcetronics that is stopping it from returning to normal? or maybe there is a fault somewhere else that is keeping it in limp mode?

Sorry I have lots of maybe's but no solutions for you.

Last edited:
Id be more inclined to think its the boost pressure switch or the fuel pressure switch.

Its not coming out of limp mode, so there is a sensor that has failed.

When did it start doing it, what conditions did it start doing it.

Dave.

hey mate, I had mine in the workshop for about 2 weeks.. My boost solinoid went they changed it and now it works but it still goes into limp mode all i do is turn the key one click down to ACC then back on in drive without putting it in netural and i dont START it just put it back to IGN ON then its back to normal..

hi bro good day do you have data for nissan navarra YD25 OBD trouble code P1275 tks.

P1275 is related to the fuel pump and may require further codes to discover the actual problem.

NOTE:
If DTC P1275 is displayed with DTC P0652 or P0653, first perform the trouble diagnosis for DTC P0652
or P0653. Refer to EC-1215, "DTC P0652, P0653 SENSOR POWER SUPPLY" .

It then goes on to say:

DTC No._______Trouble diagnosis name____DTC detecting condition_____________Possible cause

P1275________Fuel pump exchange_______Fuel pressure is too much higher______* Harness or connectors
1275_________________________________than the target value._________________(The fuel pump circuit is open or shorted.)
_____________________________________________________________________*Fuel pump
_____________________________________________________________________*Fuel rail pressure sensor

Sorry about the lines there, I can't make tables (or I'm too blind to see how).

Hope that helps.

I just googled it. Someone else had it and that was the answer for them.

Listen to the other two guys :p

I have an oil leak between the vac pump and housing and i need to remove the fuel pump to get the vac pump off does anyone have any advice for me

I'd say download the service manual but someone recently suggested the service manual links on this site don't work. But if you want to sign up and donate to the UK site you can get a copy.....and welcome to the forums.

I have an oil leak between the vac pump and housing and i need to remove the fuel pump to get the vac pump off does anyone have any advice for me

The vacuum pump should be bolted to the timing case.

The high pressure fuel pump will be driven off the timing chain hanging off the side of the motor.

If its like the non crd YD25 you should be able to remove the vacuum pump without removing the fuel pump.

Be careful though, that fuel pump has some serious pressure in those fuel lines.

Latest posts

Back