LowBeam keeps blowing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've had this problem twice now where the lowbeam of the Drivers side headlight keeps blowing, the highbeam is still fine. Change of bulb fixed it last time, and I suspect it will this time, just quite irritating really.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Several things to ask.

1) How's the suspension on the front right? If the globe is being badly jolted it could destroy itself.

2) Are you using latex gloves to install the globes? Any oil from your fingers will cause a hot spot on the glass and make the bulb fail prematurely.

3) Is the headlight itself secured to the bodywork and are any rubber gromets/mount points in good flexible order?

Start with those. Halogen can handle a small amount of overvoltage so I wouldn't be checking the alternator yet.

yeah, i make sure to not touch the glass when installing bulbs, i'll check for excessive play in that headlight, and it very localised to the lowbeam in the drivers side light only... so possibly a minor fault in the harness going to that light maybe? or some other local problem

The bulb on the passenger side of my d22 has been there for the last 40k( and my lights are on during the day as well as night) , same brand bulb on the drivers side has blown 4 times in the same amount of time,my only idea is(for me at least) that the high beam trigger for my spotlights is tapped into the wiring harness at the back of the drivers side bulb. Not sure if that is the problem but its all I can think of for now.

Hey all,
I've had this problem twice now where the lowbeam of the Drivers side headlight keeps blowing, the highbeam is still fine. Change of bulb fixed it last time, and I suspect it will this time, just quite irritating really.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

And its low beam (like you) that only goes, high beam still works.

What globes are you using ?

Those Philips blue globes work good, but the life is shit.

I use to go through a globe every 4 months. But 90% of my driving is night driving.

Now HID'd. Globes last like 3 years now.

Mind you, there $150 a globe though.

Latest posts

Back