Snorkel vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banga

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently installed a factory nissan snorkel to my manual D40 navara and now am getting a vibration sound through the snorkel at about 1800rpm.

At first i thought it could be the wire grid at the top of the snorkel which is held in place by 2 rivets but have since siliconed it down so there's no chance of movement.
My other thought was that it could just be an air induction noise amplified through the snorkel?

If anyone has experienced similar or has any thoughts would love to hear.

Cheers

It doesn't bother me as much since I'm mostly deaf, but yes there is induction noise that comes on strong as the turbo spools up hard.

I never really noticed it until we started off one day with the passenger window down - we normally have all the windows up and the aircon on. I don't mind the noise, it's something you get used to. For me, anyway.

have had a couple on mine, i am sure that the air can be heard being sucked in but it is nothing major. the original plastic popets that nissan used to mount it to the colum beside the windows used to come lose, got sick of taking it back to nissan so i fixed it properly.
just recently under the bonnet at the front of the airbox there is a conection where the snorkel conects to the airbox and for some reason this has started to vibrate. i have done 180000klm and it has only started a couple of months ago. when i get time i will pull it apart and place some silicon in the joint but until then a large cable tie has reduced the noise.
good luck

Found the problem, the fixings on the A pillar that the screws fix into have come loose, bugger they're shit things in the first place.
Not too sure how i'll go about this one.

how'd u go fixing it banga i just put a ironman snorkle on mine it sounds like a bloody truck now not sure if this is normal have never had this much noise out of any of my other utes

Latest posts

Back