Reverse camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banga

Reaction score
G'Day all,

I am in the middle of installing a reverse camera to my nav, i've so far run the cable from the rear of the car through the chassis and its now sitting under the drivers foot well. Now i need some help on how to get the cable into the car without driiling a new hole, any suggestions?

Cheers

Dont know the D40's to well, but id run it up into the engine bay and then use one of the existing gromet/holes in the firwall and run it into the cab through there.

Pete

There is holes in the firewall on either side, pick a grommet and push it through. I think the passenger side is easier myself but the accelerator cable is apparently one of the spots others have used.

As above. Up behind the ABS on the passenger side is a good one, but run a cable through first so you can haul it from inside. Takes tiny hands to reach it from the passenger footwell up behind the air ducts.

For my STX I entered at the back of the cab. There is a small grommet down low on each side behind the rear seat

Is there really? The minute I saw the vent I stopped looking for access into the rear of the cabin. I used one of the grommets in the tub and straight into the vent figuring anything else had to be too hard.

There is also a gromet under the drivers seat that I have brought cable through, that is on my d22

I went thru the vent due to the large size of the RCA connector. No issues so far in 4 years.
Just waiting fora new camera to arrive .Am going to try to hide the new camera up next to the handle in the tailgate.My current camera is on the rear number plate.

The grommet under the seat was the one that Nissan never fitted properly on my D40.

I've run all my cables through that vent, including the feed from the main battery to the back battery, that vent is a brilliant idea for those not wanting to get under the car, especially given how close it meets up with the grommet in the tub.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, though soon as i posted i went out looking again and had trouble getting through the existing holes in the fire wall.
So i ended up coming out the chassis near the B pillar and across to the middle poked it through a 5mm hole i drilled near where the hand brake comes through, then siliconed the shit out of it inside and out, fingers crossed it stays water tight.

I have a tin of upol (brand name) seam sealer, I used it to seal up the holes when i put the roof racks on the nav, After i put paint on the bare metal first.

Mine is the stuff they used to put in the gutter rails etc on cars back when they made them from steel lol .I think its called drip check and it would be similar to the stuff they put in our gutter rails where they join the roof to the side panel and we have that groove in the roof .

reverse camera

how to take out a nissan navara head unit and sat nav help people ?thanks

Given this is in the D40 section try searching for "remove dash" there is a dash removal thread for the D40's and the process is about the same for all models.

Real easy just pop the small tray out in the centre, forcefully but gently, and there is a single screw and the face will pop off, just keep looking for bolts and screws to undo the more you want to take off.

It sounds like you need to start by providing more information.

There is a step by step guide in the D40 section titled "Remove Dash in 2010 STX" or words to that effect which has a step by step guide to removing the center part of the dash, it even has pictures. I also did something similar for an 09 but I don't remember the title however all models are pretty much the same therefore both should work in the 07.

Once the dash is removed you will easily see how to remove whatever head unit is in there.

Latest posts

Back