suspension lift or body lift????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
hey guys,

im not looking at spending a great load of money on my navara but i want to raise it.

is it bad if i put a body lift in it rather than a suspension lift?? its just a hell of alot cheaper option.

any feedback would be great.

cheers
calcal

suspension lift.

body lifts often have legal issues depending on your local laws.
D22 rear springs sag fairly quickly so you might as well fix that, which gives you a 2" suspension lift.

so all i need to do is replace the leaf springs??

can you recommend what springs and is there anything else i need to replace??

+1 suspension lift. Gives you more clearance underneath the running gear as well, which means more capable off road and able to run bigger tires...

Very much worth it!

who makes 1" suspension lifts?
i have never heard of them

i cant be sure exactly, but i would assume joshman was saying 1 bonus with the suspension lift is clearance, not saying a 1 inch lift.

in my opinion i would do a suspension lift first and then if you need more for bigger tyres or whatever, do a body lift.
if you put higher leaf springs in you will need longer travel shocks to match the extra travel gained with the leafs.
at least wind up the front torsion bar and throw a set of shocks in to.
personally i would do the torsion bars, but its not an absolute must do in order to gain a little extra height in the front.
if you do a whole package from most suspension companys it will all be matched and therefore give you not only height but a better ride then the factory gear. yes it will cost a little more, but this way you will end up with an all round better 4x4, which cant be achieved with a body lift alone.

Personally, I'd do both.

But body lift is not really cheaper, if you install yourself a body lift kit from zordo is about $385, then engineering certification in vic is about $565 (not sure what state your in). I'm thinking if you have someone install for you it wil add a fair bit to the cost.

So comparing to a suspension lift its not really a budget lift.

If you want a cheap lift, wind up your torsion bars and get extended shackles, will only cost ya $220 + a wheel allignment, or less if you make the shackles yourself.

check out snake racing website they have cheap 2" lifts just a spacer for the IFS and longer greasable shackles for the rear leaf springs to give u 50mm extra.
I had a look yesterday whole lift would only cost around $500. or if you want to do it properly they have other kits for around $1200. my favorite is the stage one 5" lift for $3100 looks like it comes with all u need including brake lines. seen one yesterday on a
d40 single cab looked unreal thats why I was looking at the site in the first place. let me know how you go. also does anyone know if the 50mm spacer and shakle type lift kits are any good.

i went town to the wreckers today and bought pretty much a OME lift kit for $220!!!!! all shocks and leaf springs.

just got to replace the bushs and buy some greasable shackles and them im laughing

Back