BEHOLD!!! Pics of steering dampener

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
For all of you wondering what it looks like installed or how to do it, this one is the rancho RS 5000 and it improves the handling 1000 times from what it was.
Check the clearance from the pulley adjuster, Pic 3 (as you can see mine rubbed it when checking for clearance turning left and right)
Note the way the mounting plate is positioned, Pic 4

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 1,122
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 957
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 888
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 870
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:
Oh sweet. Thanks for the write up and pics. Looks dam simple to install.$198 posted is good price. I think that ehat Zordo does them for aswell or lil cheaper I can't remember. Just something I noticed on your bushes. Are they over tightened? Just seem to be bulging alot.

Thanks heaps

Reuse the same bolts if you want but it comes with I think. If you have the idler arm brace you will need longer bolts anyway to be able to bolt both on.

I do have the idler arm brace. Any idea how much longer they need to be? I'd like to get some before starting the install. Also what grade of steel should I ask for at the bolt shop?

Not sure on length maybe only the thickness of the plates. So 2x plates at 5mm each. So an extra 10-15mm longer.

If you get a kit just grab the bolts out of the kit if there are any and take them to three bolt shop and ask for longer ones. I would say test them first by taking 1 bolt out and using 1 hole in plate etc.

I'm now looking at getting one, but the chip and exhaust upgrade takes priority

hey scooba, thanks for the pics looks like pretty much any damper will fit on with some brackets, which look pretty simple.

I do wonder though how it will go with the tjm bash plate, anyone run a damper with a bash plate?

On second look, it looks like it should fit fine with the bash plate. (hope so anyway)

comes with new ones and washers but the bolts arent lon enough to use the washers so i left them out

In saying that you shouldn't need the washers unless they were spring washers? I would rather just get longer bolts. I guess it would only need 10mm more thread?

In saying that you shouldn't need the washers unless they were spring washers? I would rather just get longer bolts. I guess it would only need 10mm more thread?

there not spring washers just flat washers, i would go 20mm longer if you have a idler arm brace just to be sure, they wont interfere with anything even if they are a bit long

One more question. Is the Rancho one a return to centre or just normal steering damper?

just a normal one, also helps a little bit with stopping it pulling left from the road camber, but doesn't completely solve it

I do have the idler arm brace. Any idea how much longer they need to be? I'd like to get some before starting the install. Also what grade of steel should I ask for at the bolt shop?

i would get high tensile bolts, that's what the stock ones are, i don't know of anything stronger.............

Yeh only high tensile, but any bolt shop should know this when you tell them what it is for. Grade 8.8 is high tensile and I think there is one above that.

Back