Broken D22 Chassis

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Found this thread on 4WD Action.

Very pleased I own a D40!

file.php

D22 Nissan Navara Bent Chassis
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=119057

can you copy the pic over ?
its not unheard of but i would suspect some bad suspension or abuse.
btw i have a pic somewhere of a D40 with broken chassis just behind the cab.

plus was towing a Jayco van and was most likely carrying a fair bit in it, even if he wouldn't admit it. they only bend for one reason...overloaded

It's always bad when that happens but 99% of the time it's too much load too far behind the rear axle. That can be load in the tray or trailer/caravan down force weight or even momentary extra down force from cresting a ridge with a trailer on.

I've seen pictures of examples of most dual cabs on the market looking something like that.

thats double cabs for ya, to much weight past the rear axle. if you want to carry lots of gear get a single cab.

I know someone first hand who had his D40 do the same at fraser...nissan wouldn't come to the party so he cut and welded it all properly himself.

I agree with the others, all utes will do it if need be, when there is no more give in the suspension (normally weight added with air bags used incorrectly) the only other place the force can be absorbed is in the chassis. I have seen a hilux and a d40 turned into tip truck style utes the same as this

Latest posts

Back