uk satnav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamv

Reaction score
Sorry but the forum ate my post ,so here we go again

I'm shipping my 2011 navara tenka from the Uk to Adelaide ,as its a uk spec its got Uk satnav ,will it be straight forward converting it to Australia maps,by just buying a disc or is there more to it,

I did post a pic before but I think thats what messed the job up

cheers Kev.

Can,t help you with a answer, But when you get your nav over here i hope you enjoy the wonderful places there is to take it on a drive

It really depends on the manufacturer. Adding a map should be a matter of getting the SD card for that map set and inserting it in the unit, the unit should see the map and load it up - but the best thing to do is ask the supplier. If you didn't buy it from a shop, then it's still possible to find out - Google's a great resource. Post up the brand and model and we'll see what we can find out.

It really depends on the manufacturer. Adding a map should be a matter of getting the SD card for that map set and inserting it in the unit, the unit should see the map and load it up - but the best thing to do is ask the supplier. If you didn't buy it from a shop, then it's still possible to find out - Google's a great resource. Post up the brand and model and we'll see what we can find out.

Thanks tony but youve sort of missed the point its factory fit nissan satnav with uk and europe maps and I want it converting to Australian maps.

3234dc98.jpg

Best to find out in UK how is the program run off? SD card or CD or pre-programmed in??

From what I can see its either via a CD or you'll have to pull the unit out and maybe a USB port at the back to access the program.

Try going to Map Setting and see where the program is located. What sort of map does it run??

I didn't understand that it was a genuine Nissan unit. I'd give Nissan a call and ask them, we didn't get those head units out here in the bush. They take those and the climate control out and install a notepad with a piece of burnt stick for writing on it, a wind-up crystal radio kit and they optionally hang two baby palm leaves from the mirror - wave towards face for cooling.

I dont know if it is similiar to my Murano genuine Nissan sat nav but they locate the cd drive on the upper roof in the dash console where its neatly hidden away.

I didn't understand that it was a genuine Nissan unit. I'd give Nissan a call and ask them, we didn't get those head units out here in the bush. They take those and the climate control out and install a notepad with a piece of burnt stick for writing on it, a wind-up crystal radio kit and they optionally hang two baby palm leaves from the mirror - wave towards face for cooling.

Cheers Tony ,I think I will just do mine the same as your ,it should help me fit in better and I will just sell this one on ebay:big_smile:

I rang nissan over here and they weren't very helpfull and said contact nissan Oz, but I can't find an email address and can't be botherd to stay up have the night ,unless I can speak to someone with a bit of sence:sarcastic:

Kev.

I was at my local dealer the other day and on the spare parts counter they had Sat Nav CDs that contained maps for Australia and New Zealand.

I was at my local dealer the other day and on the spare parts counter they had Sat Nav CDs that contained maps for Australia and New Zealand.

That would be ideal thanks,I think I will have to call someone over there,

Thanks Kev.

how do i Remove my sat nav and radio i have a nissan navara 2007 same as the pic^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i need to fit a reversing camera can you help please

Latest posts

Back