Driving Light Harness

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLK-D40

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I've just bought a set of Britax X-Ray Vision driving lights for my D40 and am just wondering which is the best way to go with wiring them up? I was tossing up between the factory Nissan harness or the genuine Britax harness.

Has anyone used either of these harnesses?

Also I want to use the factory fog light harness to connect my fog lights are there any after market switches that will plug straight in or will I have to pay a fortune to buy the genuine one?

Also I want to use the factory fog light harness to connect my fog lights are there any after market switches that will plug straight in or will I have to pay a fortune to buy the genuine one?

You will need to get a genuine indicator stalk with the fog light switch. Should be easy enough to check where indicator stalk plugs into at steering column. Check pin layout of stalk, should be 2 extra in the loom for the fog light switch option. Then use with aftermarket switch.

just get an arb style switch to turn on and off the fog lights but hook them up so that they only come on when parkers are on. any after market harness should be fine, what wattage are the lights your putting in. iv got a lightforce harness on my d40 which was very easy to install

I reckon the genuine look.

Always looks better, plus you dont have to deal with ARB.

I just

I just got today a complete wiring harness and switch for my stx 550
Started out at 137 for the lot but haggled down to 107for the complete harness and rocker switch. They wanted 80 dollars just for the switch alone at first....

Good price, was quoted $119 for a genuine driving light loom in Melbourne. Part number has been superseeded to B2407JR100AU.

Yah I was quoted $119 for the harness and about $220 for the fog light switch I'll make some calls on Monday and see if I can get a better deal!!!

The driving lights I got have 100w halogen globes but I'm going to convert them to HID's either 55 or 75w not sure yet when I fit them

I'm a fan of the factory look aswell but I guess money talks hey!!!!

yes from nissan dealer in Perth...

The starting price was 137.95 but after some barganing and name dropping got it down to that deal...

Two reasons why I went this way.
1. I like the factory look. Hey its a 75000 dollar ute what a 100 bucks for the factory look both on the dash and under the bonnet.

2. If something electrical happens they can't blame your auto electricians wiring loom as the peroblem stemming from aftermarket spotties. You jhave used the factory supplied loom.

Sorry 3 things.

Beats the hell out of making up your own loom.. and saves the sparky time to.. They say 30 to 45 minute install...and i recon most of that would be in getting the loom in behind the dash and thru the firewall.

In my opinion money well spent...

Back