My only piss & moan about the navara so far

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUICED

Reaction score
ok.
i love the navara d40, i think they are a great ute.
but i do have some complaints.
firstly like everyone, the ride height & the lack of protection underneath. there an instant couple of grand needed spending other wise u will smash the sump off like i did.
secondly, the wheel sensors that keep failing which in turn, ABS, 4x4 & cruise control all stop working. pain in the arse. as well, the wiring to the sensors is very exposed. apprently there is a kit out now for about $100 that can cover all the wiring up.
lastly and most disapointing is the stone chips i have received in the first 10,000ks.
see photos on next post
they have even hit the rear number plate panel from the inside and damaged it with dints causing the paint to flake off.

here are the photos

Attachments

• CIMG2448.JPG
    CIMG2448.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 137
  • CIMG2449.JPG
    CIMG2449.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 114
  • CIMG2450.JPG
    CIMG2450.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 132
  • CIMG2453.JPG
    CIMG2453.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 118
  • CIMG2451...JPG
    CIMG2451...JPG
    59 KB · Views: 128
and heres some more

Attachments

• CIMG2452.JPG
    CIMG2452.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 78
  • CIMG2456.JPG
    CIMG2456.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 99
oh & i forgot.
the door seals.
when travelling threw any sort of mud, the seals are to high up in the door. so this allows the mud to get under the door when u can't see it. it doesnt allow it in the cab though, but when u wash your ute, u have to then open all the doors and wash in there because its is filthy with mud.

Headlights are ordinary, front speakers are ordinary, fuel consumtion ordinary (but I have a problem at the mo), steering wheel skinny. But my biggest gripe....... The bloody log book doesn't fit in the glove box!
Those stone chips are a worry, I have the STX steps and king cab with alloy tray so hopefully I'll miss the chips

ok.
i love the navara d40, i think they are a great ute.
but i do have some complaints.
firstly like everyone, the ride height & the lack of protection underneath. there an instant couple of grand needed spending other wise u will smash the sump off like i did.
secondly, the wheel sensors that keep failing which in turn, ABS, 4x4 & cruise control all stop working. pain in the arse. as well, the wiring to the sensors is very exposed. apprently there is a kit out now for about $100 that can cover all the wiring up.
lastly and most disapointing is the stone chips i have received in the first 10,000ks.
see photos on next post
they have even hit the rear number plate panel from the inside and damaged it with dints causing the paint to flake off.

I believe you can easily cut and extend the ABS wires so that they can be cabled tied to the diff housing/ brake hoses. I have covered mine with some flexible conduit. Your paint sure if stuffed, side steps would help ,but near the number plate is extreme, What tyres are you running to throw stones that badly?

it still has the original bridgestone HT's on it. 235/60/R16 i think.......
shit isnt it

Photos dont look good. My D22 has seen plenty of gravel roads and I have followed plenty of truck and dogs and its got nothing on that.

Dave.

But my biggest gripe....... The bloody log book doesn't fit in the glove box!

AGREED. I can't believe they'd design a glove box that doesn't fit the service log book. What were they think.

Oh, and the best fuel consumption I could get over its first 5000 ks was a poorly 13.8l/100k. So I thought stuff it and have chipped the Nav. I have sooo much more instant power on tap now and still getting same fuel consumption.

Oh, and the best fuel consumption I could get over its first 5000 ks was a poorly 13.8l/100k. So I thought stuff it and have chipped the Nav. I have sooo much more instant power on tap now and still getting same fuel consumption.

Just checked mine today, 16.8l/100km, don't drive like a tosser, don't carry much weight. I was getting that out of my V6 Rodeo, thats why I changed it, time for a talk with Nissan I recon

Geez those stone chips are bad, must be throwing up some big rocks underneath to dent the rear panel like that. I was warned not to take off my side steps as they do get lots of stone chips. I wouldnt think that was strictly a Navara issue though? Surely with the sort of terrain you are driving on anything is going to get smashed up similar?

sooner or later you will get over "its a good truck" thing,wait til you get f ked over by nissan and dealers with warrantee replaced parts failing after 7 months and then told you drive it too much.left with a 1400 dollar + repair bill for an axle seal that cant be replaced by its self.

sooner or later you will get over "its a good truck" thing,wait til you get f ked over by nissan and dealers with warrantee replaced parts failing after 7 months and then told you drive it too much.left with a 1400 dollar + repair bill for an axle seal that cant be replaced by its self.

Mate have you tried calling fair trading about the matter?
I think it would be worth the call

oh & i forgot.
the door seals.
when travelling threw any sort of mud, the seals are to high up in the door. so this allows the mud to get under the door when u can't see it. it doesnt allow it in the cab though, but when u wash your ute, u have to then open all the doors and wash in there because its is filthy with mud.

Juiced, The car (Any car) always looks better when you wash around the inside of the doors.
Ask any car detailer.
Phil

Hello fellow navara users...
Thank you fro welcoming me to your community forum, i'm from davao city and an owner of a 4x4 nissan navara 2009 model. :big_smile

Juiced, The car (Any car) always looks better when you wash around the inside of the doors.
Ask any car detailer.
Phil

i wash and chamois door jambs every wash, hate spending all that time washing and opening door to see it dirty. i was stupid enuf to buy black tho!

i wash and chamois door jambs every wash, hate spending all that time washing and opening door to see it dirty. i was stupid enuf to buy black tho!

Ford Australia introduces a new colour range to suit the modern Ford driver. At no extra charge, you can choose from:

* For all vehicles outside the showroom - "Oxides of Iron"

* For off-road vehicles - "Mississippi Mud"

* For taxi vehicles - "Diced Carrot Soup"

* For learner drivers - "Haemoglobin"

</offtopic>

Latest posts

Back