Execellent service and NEW BROWN DAVIS BASH PLATE D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Hey all,

As a new Owner of a D40 and member to the forum i did my time trolling through the information on which parts/brands to buy etc, and when i finally made it down my list to bash plates it became evident i should choose BD.

I searched their website and inevitably Google and it was there i stumbled upon DNA off road
DNA Off Road

I decided on Sunday to purchase the Front Bash plate for $351
Brown Davis underguard

And secondly transfer case Plate as well $209 ( I'm paranoid about protecting my trucks vital organs) Brown Davis underguard

After receiving the usual confirmation of payment and placement of order emails i was prepared to wait a few days before seeing my New Plates turn up at home. However this morning i received a phone call from Alby at DNA off road. Who merely called to inform me that last week BD had developed and put to production a GEAR BOX BASH PLATE valued at $199
As customers were always asking why do i have 2 plates front and rear and a gap in the middle?

I found this both unusual and Rather extraordinary as not usually does a website based company call you and offer a new product not a week been on the market. Because 'they thought it would benefit me as the customer based on the other two products i purchased'
Most people would think that its a money grabbing scheme to boost the cost of the sale. However had i known the plate was available in the first place i would have ordered it in the beginning.

Im a firm believer of giving the customer every chance to purchase all that they need and not have negative feed back as to why the plate wasn't on the website etc. I write this in the hope that other forum users take advantage of the plate Now on the market as some might not be aware its available

All in all I'm rather impressed with the service i was offered and i highly recommend the website and staff at DNA off road, At least its worth a phone call and or a look see at the website.

Thanks Dave,

I Haven't received the plates yet, and im going to wait until the Bull Bar goes on next week. but ill be sure to let you know

Which bar do you have?

I'm getting the delux arb winch bar. But can't afford a winch yet...
I'm wondering how big of a hole I'll have in it's place?

I have a Nissan bar on mine.

The number plate will cover the hole until you get a winch.

Cheers mate.

Got to put my winch on this weekend. 1 less thing to do.

sounds like your getting ready to punish your truck at the muster ... i challange YOU to take the 'hard' track when we get there ....

sounds like your getting ready to punish your truck at the muster ... i challange YOU to take the 'hard' track when we get there ....

... and I'll watch the action hehe

PS - I have BD bashplates, they have been caned and stood the test!! Only gripe is that the transfer case bashplate flexed enough to just touch the DPF and set up a vibration. Solution was a) remove the DPF b) manufacture an addtional bracket and c) fit rubber between it and the rear cross member. Would I buy them again - hell yeah.

Last edited:
... and I'll watch the action hehe

PS - I have BD bashplates, they have been caned and stood the test!! Only gripe is that the transfer case bashplate flexed enough to just touch the DPF and set up a vibration. Solution was a) remove the DPF b) manufacture an addtional bracket and c) fit rubber between it and the rear cross member. Would I buy them again - hell yeah.

And now you have available the Gearbox Guard :)
Thats very handy to keep in mind Bosshog. if you take them off anytime perhaps a few pictures so one could replicate Should the problem occur?

Hello everyone,

My BD bash plates arrived today, rather chuffed that the nav is coming along nicely :D
here are some pictures of the plates, as most of you will be aware of what they are.
the second plate is this 'new' plate i mentioned in the first post, designed to fit between the front and rear plate.
At first glance im not to sure how its going to all fit together as the fold between the end of the first and the start of the second don't seem to align to well....
I shall let you know Thursday after i try fit them all....

The First plate
P9270003.jpg

Second
P9270002.jpg

Third
P9270001.jpg

These are the nuts and bolts supplied with the second and third plate, If anyone could identify which go to the third ( more common plate) and those which dont would be awesome, as there was no instructions supplied with the second box :(
P9270009.jpg

Love to hear what You all think about these plates and or fitting tips and tricks!!!

Bought bash plates directly from Brown Davis. The prices quoted were the normal RRP, the same as everybody else that sells the plates seem to quote however buying the transmission and transfer case plates as a pair resulted in a $69.00 discount.

Further because I bought all 3 plates, they fitted them at no charge.

In at 8.00am yesterday and out before 9.00am :big_smile:

Got to be happy with that Joe, they didnt muck around fitting them did they. Practice really does make it perfect as they say.

Latest posts

Back