H1 spotty HID conversion problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock200

Reaction score
hey all

I just installed some HID's into my nite stalker spotties. These spotties have a H1 bulb so the usual red/black wiring is there going into the body of the spotlight where the red (power) is connecting to the back of the bulb and the black is earthed out to the chassis of the light. the HID kit came with the usual ballast where 2 wires with spade bits that are used for positive and earth, so i have connected the wires appropriately. When i turn on my spot lights they didnt work at all, i have checked the relay and i can feel it clicking when the spotlights are turned on, however when checking the connection just before the wires enter the spotlight there is no power, and there is no power at the relay. Not sure what has gone wrong? The system was working fine previously, cant work out what i have done wrong, im thinking the earth might not be sufficient. Ideas are welcomed!

Cheers
Brock

I had similar problems when I first did my hid spotlight conversion, check your earth is conected very well, if it's not earthed sufficiently the ballast won't send power thru to the globe

yea i am thinking that it is the earth as well, where did you earth yours out patt?

Latest posts

Back