Super Bright Reverse Lights - No Fuss Plug & Play! [PICS]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SideStep

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in upgrading the reverse brightness of the Navara this is the easiest way.
Get on ebay and purchase these: 2x T15 Cree Q5 High Power 7W Back Up LED Reverse Light | eBay

CoT15led7wrlwhite00.jpg

I've got limo tint all around and couldn't see shiit reversing unless I opened the windows.
These lights are very bright and directly replace the crappy yellow ones that comes standard.

10cqkjm.png

Best of all... it's just a globe change. Easy, Effortless and Legal.
The $28 was worth it and took only about a week to arrive.

I could do with a set of these.

1 of my reversing globes is still original, the rest of the rear globes are still original to.

So not a bad run.

Wont fit the D22 though.

Thanks for this , I've been wanting to do something about this for ages. Will they fit a D40 STX Spanish built 2006?

Thanks for this , I've been wanting to do something about this for ages. Will they fit a D40 STX Spanish built 2006?

Yeah mate just pull out your lights (two screws in the tray area) pop the globes out (twist fitting) and look at the globe. It's most likely a wedge bulb.

The D22 I've never touched but them globes also come in the traditional 2 pin.

1156led7wrlwhite01.jpg

2Pcs 1156/Ba15s Cree Q5 High Power 7W LED Reverse Light | eBay

The two pins vary a little on how far apart they are so one would need to make sure the measurements are right.

Bloody expensive for reverse light gobes but i can see they'd be worth
the dough.
Another thing on that shopping list.
Thanks for the link.

just ordered some too, hope they are as bright as you guys say!

by the way... is there a rule of thumb on leds to know which ones are gonna be nice and bright and a decent colour (not too blue) when searching thru all the cheap ones on ebay?

theres just so damn many to choose from,
and you cant help but think the expensive ones might just be the exact same as the cheapo ones...

James

Ordered!! If these are that good ill have no need for the under tray reverse lights haha.

And by your other threads you are still formulating plans for alternate reversing lights, is your eye sight ok? :sarcastic:
Ok its my own fault .I have dark tint on all windows and then a full viewscape on the back screen.The 7watt Cree globes have a lense on them so they project the light a fair distance back , however they dont light up directly behind the truck so if something was on the ground diretly behind the truck I wouldnt see it in the reversing camera.

I have over time bought a heap of leds from Evilbay and when it comes to a white led its either cool or daylight white or in some rare cases warm white.
Leds come in various types and styles. now they are i beleive up to 10watts per unit and thats damm bright.Cree or Luxion leds are the bright ones readily available these days.If you see "SMD" that doesnt mean its anything flash just means its a surface mounted device so basically its flat. The Leds that light up our dash are SMD so once again it pays to research what your getting. Wattage or Lumens are the brightness rating so in theory the higher the number the brighter the led.

Last edited:
I gotta admit once I learned to open the window of a night time reversing became much easier. I've never really had an issue with it in my other cars with tinting but for some reason the Nav does seem darker than the rest, however opening the window is enough for me.

Fitted some to my D22 today. Absolutely awesome!! Sorted out my reversing woahs!
Still will install Rear led lights bar. Mainly for maximum light. Not so much reversing

Back