2" sus + 35mm spacers + 50mm Body Lift. Possible problems?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHUUBZ

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just purchased a 2007 D40 and looking at getting a 2" Iron Man lift kit + a 35mm front spacer to level it out aswell as installing 2" body lift and running 33's.

Should there be any problem that I should encounter? Wanted to go 5" Calmini lift but heading down this path due to $$$$.

Cheers

The only issue will be the lack of down travel on teh front due to the uca hitting coil bucket. CVs angle will be fine, you can sledge hammer and grind the bucket a little and the arms a little to get some down travel back. If it doesnt have Cam adjustment your alignemtn will need correcting, even if it has camber adjust you will need offset bush to get it normal again. Trust me i did all this, i even went Calmini UCA and the best option is stock arms ground down a little and the coil bucket ground down and throw in off set lower control arm bushes.

85mm of front end lift will not do your front end any good what so ever. My own opinion is that going past 50mm lift is not worth it. 50mm spring lift then 35mm spacer lift will make for a hard ride and leave you with a bad geometry setup.
The ST-X Dual Cab 05 to 07 is almost identical to the D40 Frontier and a lot of the suspension gear is designed to fit the Frontier.The common thoughts on more than 50mm lift on a Frontier is that it will handle badly and be uncomfortable.
There is also the legal side of the game so check with your local RTA as to what they will allow.
My own engineer will not allow any lift where there is UCA and Coil Bucket contact.He goes by the idea if suspension is hitting then something isnt right.he actually owns a D40 as well so figure he would know his stuff

My UCA hits as 35mm spacer and 2" lift - drives fine - not a prob and have done some messed up rock climbing in it... Impressed all my toyota mates.

A good bit of advice - don't buy Ironman. Spend some decent money and get a good name kit like Dobinsons or OME

hey BIGREG you said you used offset bushes in lower controle arms. What brand are they and how much? as i am thinking of doing this also except i was told by Fullcrum suspension to go for upper controle arm offset bushes. Not sure now which way to go. Your experience and advice appreciated....

yeah whats wrong with ironman' at least the coils dont sag even after 5 years running bullbar and winch they still haven't sagged not like all the other brands pay too much for sh#t. Ironman is good value for money

Latest posts

Back