tyres sticking out past the guards !!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael92

Reaction score
i just got a new set of bfg all terrains a couple months ago and have been told to get some flares coz the side wall of the tyre sticks out alot
was wondering where to get them from ?
and is it just as simple as a bit of rubber .....
thanks

I know you can get them from arb. Very pricey though.

Just curious, what size tyres rims and offset do you have??

Hi michael92 , mate I'm going through the process of rego'ing my ute at the moment and my 265 75 km2's stuck out past the nissan flares abot 15mm so I got that heavy rubber flare and put a heap of screws and black sikaflex around inside the guard and problem solved.5mts was $49.75 , but you only need about 2 mts but the smallest roll I could buy was 5mts .

I have 265/75/16 BFG Km2's on my factory alloy rims and they don't stick out at all.

Its all about the offset on the rim. Mine stick out abit too so I got the ARB Flexi Flares and screwed em up, good kit but $90 will get you only 3 wheels done, Maby 4 if you are real stingy and plan it out well. But I was doing mine with a mate as well so we got a few togeather and spilt the bill. My only advice is spray some WD40 down the hole before putting the wire in and try and pre bend the wire to shape abit first. Oh and of cource put the wire in before screwing up to the car, makes it a little easy to manage :)

I just put a set of Maxxis Bighorns on my ute. Had to take the nissan flares off because of rubbing issues. I picked up a set of flexi flares from TJM for $90 today so i'll be fitting them tonight. hopefully it covers them enough. I've still got my 30" tyres and rims anyhow so if i ever get pulled up just swap em back over.

Also does anyone know how to tell what offset rims are?

Latest posts

Back