D22 Bonnet Scoop Mesurements

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
Gday everyone,

As a part of my slow and complication filled turbo build I have purchased a Bonnet scoop the same as the series 2 DX. It is mounted from four bolts in the corners. I was wondering if that is how the Nissan scoops are mounted and how far away from each side of the bonnet.

- Brodie

G'day Bvandermaat , It sounds like I put the same one on mine as you putting on yours , all I did was put it where I thought it looked OK drilled the holes and bolted it up. I put mine on to help lower under bonnet temps

Thanks for the Info Scotty. Thought that might be the case. Just a matter of placing i guess to make the most strength and best position when i stick this one on.

Kempseyken. How did you go about cutting the bonnet. I was thinking of using a Bosch Multi-tool as I am not to keen to take an angle grinder to my bonnet just yet.

Can anyone supply me with the standard placement of the DX bonnet scoop? Would be nice to have a rough idea.

mate all i did was use a .8 mm cutting disc on my grinder. Drilled a a whole in each corner and cut up to each whole

i would use a jigsaw or similar with a metal cutting blade, can be done slower so you can make sure it right

scooba_285 said:
i would use a jigsaw or similar with a metal cutting blade, can be done slower so you can make sure it right

Nah, grinder all the way. The bonnet is only thin sheet metal, the teeth would grab surely?

Yeah that is what I imaged. Think i will give the grinder a go. I pick the turbo up on monday so after getting everything I need to fit it the bonnet scoop will be the next to go on. Just need to paint it.

Does anyone have the measurements though? Would like to know where to put it. I can always just stick it where it works once everything is in place.

Latest posts

Back