Help tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celtic12bore

Reaction score
OK THIS IS MY 3RD POST, HERE GOES

WILL BE TAKING DELIVERY OF MY D22 IN 2 WEEKS
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT WOULD BE A VERRY GOOD SET OF
TYRES FOR TARMAC AND OFFROAD.

THE RIG WILL SPEND MOST OF ITS TIME ON TARMAC(IE WORK)
BUT i WANT VERRY GOOD OFFROAD TYRES AS WELL BUT CANT AFFORD TWO SETS(WHO CAN???)

I HAD BUDGETED FOR MICKEY THOMPSONS BUT WAS TOLD BY ARB
IT WAS OVER KILL FOR MY REQUIRMENTS.

SO WHAT CAN YOU BOYS RECOMEND A MAKE OR MODLE COS IAM CONFUSED

CHEERS:cheers!:

What you want is an impossible combination. If I can afford to have two sets, anybody can, you can afford two sets if you get a second-hand set of hardcore muddies and a boring set of road tyres (ie stock?? included with the car), other than that you can either get some ATs which will wear slowish on the tarmac or just run on mud tyres on the tarmac like many people do and put up with the quick wear and road noise. Can't have it perfect in both worlds. Even with chunkies, the slower they wear the worse the wet tarmac handling etc.

Yup. what dion said.

I choose to run MUD terrain tyres on my rig, as i'm likely to take off with very little notice and play in the bush at any time. And i cant be stuffed changing the wheel over all the time - so i have to accept that whilst i'm still doing a lot of tarmac driving, i'm not going to get good wear out of my muddies AND i have to be careful in the wet.

As you are going to do most of your driving for work on the tarmac, get a good set of road tyres and a 2nd set of off-road tyres.

OR
Get a good set of ALL-Terrain tyres. That would be a good compromise with road handling and off-road work. 31" BFG All-Terrains worked for me for the first year very nicely until i upgraded to 32" Muddies.

What tyres are on it? I did plenty of trips with the stock ATs before investing in muddies, which really are a 'want' not a 'need'.

What tyres are on it? I did plenty of trips with the stock ATs before investing in muddies, which really are a 'want' not a 'need'.

Were they a 'want' or a 'need' on that Wonnangatta trip and that trip to Toolangi with Jase?

:sarcastic:the odd snatch is all part of the fun:sarcastic:
Regarding wonnangatta I think a bloke with muddies got stuck at the same place anyway. Regarding Toolangi that day... well.... yeah... that day they were a MUST! :cheers!:

Still get out and enjoy

mate d22 wheels are so dam cheap on ebay atm. as was stated before a 2nd set of offroad tires would be the way to go. i have steels 16x8 with federal couragia mts on them as my offroad set. at $100 a rim and $244 a tire i couldnt go wrong with that price.

if you wanting a really good set of AT's i would either chase the BFG AT or i have heard some really good reports on the Bridgestone Dueller AT 694.

Back