D40 Projector Headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUTSACK

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Projector Headlight kit on a D40 that they sell on Ebay etc.

They are a complete headlight replacement and allow you to run standard bulbs as well as HID's.

It's hard to see anything on low beam in the scrub after switching down from 3x 55w HID spotties so i want to go HID in the headlights also but i'm worried about putting a kit in the standard lights as i'm not a fan of blinding people coming the other way.

I've already replaced the standard bulbs but honestly theres not that much difference in them.

I have thoguht about it and many Frontiers in the US have done the swap. However AFIK there is no adjustment on the lights .Well no one has ever been able to answer that question .
A lot of the Ebay units appear to be exactly the same as the US units so am dubious about the LHD and RHD side of the lights.

Ye i did take note that one of the places i found that sell them mention that you can not use the electric adjustment inside the cab but didn't mention anything about manual adjustment under the bonnet.

What do you mean by dubious about the LHD & RHD, i have seen them in both.

Just driving then and it amazes me how many older model 4x4's have the HID kits in them with reflector lenses, they are blinding.

Well headlights arent pointed directly forwards the LHD points slightly right and the RHD slightly left.So if for instance I got factory headlights from a Frontier they would point right not left like a Navara headlight would.
The main reason Im dubious is that the Frontier headlight has to have an orange reflector however the Navara doesnt. Every projector lense headlight I have seen on Ebay has the orange reflector so am sorta thinking they are all designed for a Frontier not a Navara

Hey Aussie Fronty you are a hell knowledgeable one haha! Like a library of ebay!

I have seen non reflector ones though. There is even a place here in Morrabbin that sells them.
They are an asian group that have a store on ebay. I was in there the other day, they are a cool mob.

Check em out.. ANGEL-EYES-Head-Light-PathFinder-R51-Navara-D40

Check out the pic on the listing... its Vanguard!!

Last edited:
Looks exactly the same as these
pro-yd-nf05-hl-sm-a.jpg

Pic from one of the many US sellers.
Dont get me wrong I actually really want to go the same way but its a fair chunk of change for something that may or may not work properly
I see the units from Mars have no orange in the side piece but its the same moulded part. Would be curious to see if there are any differences in the aiming of any of these lights
The other thing am not so keen on is the wiring
11-36431-BK-X.jpg

The Frontier runs a different connector or globe to the Navara as well so if they came from the US then the connector would have to be changed to the H$ config from the 9007 config.

Even after all that am still damm tempted

Last edited:
Hey Aussie Fronty you are a hell knowledgeable one haha! Like a library of ebay!

I have seen non reflector ones though. There is even a place here in Morrabbin that sells them.
They are an asian group that have a store on ebay. I was in there the other day, they are a cool mob.

Check em out.. ANGEL-EYES-Head-Light-PathFinder-R51-Navara-D40

Check out the pic on the listing... its Vanguard!!

These blokes need some english lessons;

"fit 2 doors dual cap model" Don't dual cabs have 4 doors??
"will replace original tail light directly" Isn't the add for headlights??
"The light is RHD (right head driver)" Obviously he has 2 heads...
"We can get LHR as well" Not sure about this one...

I did notice that onlyt the low beam is a projector lense and high beam is a reflector lense.

I'm definately tempted to try these style of lights but i am worried about the aiming as mentioned earlier between the LHD & RHD versions. Surely someone makes a decent kit that fits all the specs needed for a Navara in RHD.

Ye you're right but you only live once so i reckon you should give it a go and let me know how it goes....haha

Good points AF. I can't tell you much about the LHD RHD beam angle because to be honest I never knew/thought about it until you mentioned it.
The wiring looks like spaghetti vomit at first but if you want HIDs you will be going for the serious kit not just a pop in globe anyway.

NUTSACK take it easy on the English lesson mate. It's borderline racist.
You won't find a perfect kit though, aftermarket manufactures don't pay too much attention to that. That stuff is for looks mainly.
The installation is the only bugger. You have to remove the grill, wheel well plastic moulding and front bumper to fully access the headlights.

They look good though. This pic got me interested in them ages ago..
FutqO.png

This guy in the states has them looking sweet on his Frontier.. 07 Nissan Frontier Angel Lights

Borderline racist, you're kidding right!! If someone is going to sell a product in Australia they should be competent in getting atleast the description right. How would i even know what race or religion the seller is, it was a comment/joke about the description, nothing to do with the actual person.

I agree with Nutsack
We commonly get bombarded with non english speaking people trying to sell us things or scam us on the phone.
Its a simple fact that the description wasnt in good english.

Good to see that not everyone interprets things the wrong way. Now when are you going to try these lights and give some feedback so i know wheather or not to order them myself???

I think having both high and low beam in a projector style lens would also be better so i don't really know why they would make them like this, maybe theres a reason....

Good to see that not everyone interprets things the wrong way. Now when are you going to try these lights and give some feedback so i know wheather or not to order them myself???

I think having both high and low beam in a projector style lens would also be better so i don't really know why they would make them like this, maybe theres a reason....

LOL when are YOU going to buy them. If you can't afford them come wash my car for some extra cash.

Its not a matter of being able to afford them, i could quite easily buy a few hundred sets if i wanted to but i don't want to go through the hassle of pulling off the Nudge bar,bumper bar,wheel guard etc if its not going to do what i want. And it was also a joke but you need a sense of humour to get that..

Where i come from my guess is youd be the car wash boy.

Taking the inner guards arent that hard at all. You can if your careful pull the headlights with only the grill off
its not easy by any means but can be done but you need to be able to see with your finger tips.
just for the record I dont let anyone else wash my truck.If I want it done I do it right myself.

Taking the inner guards arent that hard at all. You can if your careful pull the headlights with only the grill off
its not easy by any means but can be done but you need to be able to see with your finger tips.
just for the record I dont let anyone else wash my truck.If I want it done I do it right myself.

Hey Aussie....I'd be happy for you to wash my car anytime but I'm not sure you could turn my white truck into something as pretty and shiny as your's though :big_smile:

hahahah About to get even shinier lol. Goes back to the painter in the morning for its final buff and detail.
It has a few new bits n pieces too but will take pics of everything as its going back together.

Hey I'll line up for that free car wash too, Canberra is a bit of a detour on the way home from Perth but if you do such a good job I'm willing to give it a try.

Seen a pathfinder today with these headlights, looked good, head lights arent that hard to pull out, about 4 bolts and one bracket needs to be removed and the grill needs to be pulled out.

Back