steering issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one's got me. I'd suspect loose ball joints to start with, but if you've checked all that I'm at a loss too - it's something a steering boffin would have to see.

If it's not the obvious things you have already checked then it has to be a stuffed steering rack.

Turn the wheel Onlock to Onlock (hehehe) without the engine running, That will but the rack under a lot of strain and my show up what's going on.

Check the spline at the end of the steering rod to the Rack? thats the only place to move or the gear at the end of the steering shaft in the rack has come adrift.

thats me i'm out

i wonder if you parked next to a kerb and turned the steering while the wheel is hard against the kerb, and see if you get it to slip. if it does then you will be able to get someone to do that while you search or trace the problem.

ONLOCK said:
So I found the problem today with the car up on the hoist, steering rack bushes are flogged out, can anybody check for me on the service manual for a thai built, if the bushes have a seperate part number coz the boys at bridgestone seem to think that the whole rack needs to be replaced which I think is crap,

Thanks.

Post your vin and I'll check with my parts dep or messsage it to me

I had my steering rack bushes replaced under warranty. Not sure how or what they did though.

In trying to find some good news - at least you have found the problem.

Hope its sorted before the Muster!

ONLOCK said:
Yeah the car is booked in for it under a warranty claim but not sure how ill go, but its not booked in until tues after the muster, but ill still be there, its not that bad

Where abouts are you?

Was going to say bring it to
Me. I have all the parts docs here now which bushes are they in the rack? Ita o lt showing seals

As far as I can see it comes in a kit with new boots and all seals. Should be replaced user warranty no problem. Make sure it doesnt look like the car has been 4wding so they can't hassle you

Yeah o just checked with parts and got
Same answer. Nil stock.
Seeing as you are in warranty be a hassle. Get everything fixed. Get every bush checked. Down to rear wheel cylinders hahs
We are payed to put up with it haha.

Latest posts

Back