Delete pipe install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Well a 30min D40 delete pipe install, as suggested by Robert at Chip-It, has turned into an all day event. All the sensors were completely seized/rusted and one of the exhaust support bracket bolts was rounded (and i didn't do it).

Anyway, got the thing out eventually with all the sensors still attached. I ended up getting 3 of the sensors out using everything from varying types of spanners, penetrating oil, cold anti seize spray, heat, adjustable spanners and eventually, the ever reliable vice grips. However, one of the sensors gave me so much trouble I got a friend over and he brought his oxy with him.

The sensor isn't a sensor as such but a metal tube that runs from the rear of the DPF up to a rubber tube within the engine bay. We eventually got the bloody thing off but the thread of the nut that fits over the tube is buggered.

I rang a stealer to see if there is a spare part available and they failed to ring me back (go figure). My mate is going to take the DPF to work and repiar all the female threads of the unit but i still need to replace the tube. Does anyone know anything about it, part numbers etc? I couldn't even find the DPF in my computer manual. My mate reckons he can probably make one at work also but won't be able to do it till Monday.

I'll put the delete pipe in tomorrow and attach the sensor tube once it's made or i find a replacement. Any suggests re running the car without the sensor tube attached and if i have to have the sensor tube made, is the length, diameter crucial?

Merchant it is only the pressure sensor tubing - there is no need to even fit it into your delete pipe.

Call me and I'll talk you through it. Or check out my post and pics here!

BH

Latest posts

Back