D40 hot shower

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all,
Just getting ready for our trip and was looking at shower options and came up with this as my heat exchanger the other bits and pieces are yet to come but thought I would see if anyone had some input the plan is

To run the heat exchanger in line with the heater i am planning on mounting it in the two bolts that hold the plastic engine shroud down ( as in east to west ) then have an electric solenoid to switch between recirc and shower head with the pump on the fresh water line . my brother has kindly made me 2 x 120 ltr ally tanks to mount under the tray one for hot and one for cold I am then running a pump for the cold line aswell controlled by a normal set of taps and shower head mounted on the ute between the tray and cab

Any suggestions or recommendations on where to get pumps etc? I am in Adelaide thanks in advance

Dave

image-1099094991.jpg

image-834948573.jpg

image-1933403311.jpg

image-2580491405.jpg

image-4130194044.jpg

Looks good mate, keep us posted, sossel on here has a pretty good shower setup on his stx, maybe pm him for some ideas

I got fresh water pump from bias boating, they do loads of different sizes, think mine is 11l/min, was plenty to hose my boat off no worries.
I've seen a unimog that ran its exhaust through a water tank as a heater, I always liked that idea

Yeah the exhaust idea Is a good one, I would hate that to be the way I found a leak in the jacket welds though haha

I got my pump today it is an aquajet 11lpm nice and quite, the plumbing store was closed though so I'll have to wait till tomorrow for the rest of the bits and pieces so I spent the arvo doing a design on paper there is way more in this then I first thought, I'll put some more pics up tomorrow

Latest posts

Back