HELP! Has anyone sprayed the sports aluminium bar black on d22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
I'm very keen to spray my rear aluminium sports bar black.. never sprayed aluminium before anyone have any tips?

aluminium can be painted but to get a good lasting result it needs to be done right
powder coating might last longer and may be about the same price

ah i see, looks like powder coating will be the way to go, at the moment my navara has the whole black theme going, white nav, black bar, black checker plate steps, just need to finish the rear off!

I had my sports bar and factory rear bar powder coated, cost $40-50 each from memory and has lasted well. Dulux do a black with a metallic fleck in it that matches the factory bul bar perfectly.

awsome thanks loco, i just had a thought how can they powder coat my rear aluminum bar if it has black plastic on the left and right hand side, dont they bake it? i dont know alot about powder coating

my mrs old man owns a powder coating business. what he said was the bars have to be sanded back with fine sand paper to take the finish off before its powder coated. alot of places wont sand them back for you so it might pay to sand them back yourself so you will get the best finish

awsome thanks loco, i just had a thought how can they powder coat my rear aluminum bar if it has black plastic on the left and right hand side, dont they bake it? i dont know alot about powder coating

I would like to know this also. How do u get the plastic bits off??

The plastic bits against the tub lip are just caps that fall off when you unbolt the bar from the tub, at least on mine they did.

Rusty it was a dulux powder coat, was called "precious onyx pearl" or was "onyx pearl" in the precious colour range but definitely dulux and was pretty much a perfect match.

Latest posts

Back