2006 d22 clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussifit10

Reaction score
Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the life is on these and how much they are to replace. The truck came back from its last service and the mechanic said it's engaging a little high and i MIGHT have limited life left on it. He wouldnt give me any more info than that.

Also, I read that in some cases Nissan won't replace it even if under warranty because of the cost involved in shipping, anyone know for sure?

Nissan wont cover the clutch. Especially on a 5 year old vehicle.

My clutch has 220,000km's on it and is still going strong.

I paid for the unlimited 3yr warranty when I bought the car. Surely they should cover it if it's still within those 3 yr.

aussifit10 said:
I paid for the unlimited 3yr warranty when I bought the car. Surely they should cover it if it's still within those 3 yr.
Clutches are not covered mate. Take it from
Someone that works there. :)
Unfortunately they are not covered under any circumstance.
Unless it's a 1 year old D40 :)

Mine is also engaging highish on the pedal... Has for quite a while now... Still tows the boat fine and offroading is fine.. No slipping or shift problems. 230k on the clock.

When it eventually does go, Any recommendations on looking/changing other parts?

you'll be looking aroun $2200 for Nissan to replace and between $1300-1700 for aftermarket one.

Mine went at 130k and 4.5 yo. I got Exedy HD and rear main seal done for $1600 in Bundy. Clutch was about $700. Seal was about $100, rest was labour, fluids etc.....

Does anyone have any thoughts on which HD clutch to fit to a 2006 D22 ZD30? Interested in an comparisons between the HD Exedy and the Extreme Outback HD. The Excedy seems to be around $720 and the Extreme about $100 cheaper.

I have just had to replace mine at 288,000k which isn't bad! and even then it was more the thrust bearing that needed doing than the clutch, we put exceedy Heavu Duty in so should be good for at least 300,000 now i hope lol

I changed my factory clutch at 280000ks. All towing work. Only got changed due to something unrelated.

D22 Clutch

Still got the original clutch in my D22. '03 model and just ticked over 338500 klms on the weekend. Was my daily drive until two weeks ago when the new ST-X V6 arrived. Been mostly black top driving but pulls a decent float from time to time and big plant trailer too. Has been an unbelievably good D22. It has cost me nothing.

Last couple of days my D22 has developed a slight shudder through the clutch pedal.
No sign of slippage in gear, but with only 58900 on the clock I am concerned.
Thoughts before I ask Mr Nissan?
Is it an adjustment thing or is it slowly shitting itself?

Mine has done it on and off occasionally. Not bad at the moment, I have a 2010 with just over 60k on it and am not worried at the moment. If it worries you, you could get it inspected or replaced, either that or wait til it dies and change it then...

Latest posts

Back