How do you like your meat ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you buy your meat.

• Butcher is best.

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Supermarket.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I cut it up myself.

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
D

Dave

So, how do you like your meat ?

The local butcher always comes thru with the goods for a bbq.

If your into dudes, Id rather not hear. Lol.

I like the personal service of a butcher - but for most easy cuts of meat, the supermarket is fine. I get really particular when it comes to selecting meat for trips and roast for the SPIT (as Bosshog found out tonight). I get very particular when it comes time to work out how long a roast has to be on the SPIT for ... is it 4 beers, or 6 ???

I like a tender Rub out.

Mmm, ooook. Bwahahaha
Sum1 had to say it.

I get the butcher to butterfly a Lamb leg. Char grill hot for 10 min on each side then turn down low low with a roast pan lid over it. Ahhhh
Butcher knows best, a good 1 anyway.

I like my goat and roo meat.. Haha.
But still. Mostly comes from the butcher

Never been a goat fan and only ever trust the cooking of roo to myself, I refuse to order it at restaurants because too many chef's either under cook it or over cook it and few can get it just right. Had Crocodile before and that's not real bad, Water Buffalo is tough but ok and a friend of mine has had elephant which she reckons is ok, but most butchers don't stock those ones.

KraftyPg said:
Never been a goat fan and only ever trust the cooking of roo to myself, I refuse to order it at restaurants because too many chef's either under cook it or over cook it and few can get it just right. Had Crocodile before and that's not real bad, Water Buffalo is tough but ok and a friend of mine has had elephant which she reckons is ok, but most butchers don't stock those ones.

Yep roo
Meat I only catch and cook myself. Bit of garlic and steal spice. Perfect. Chefs sick with roo. Goat is pretty good for game meat though. I would like to try croc too

I first tried croc in a restaurant over here in Perth about 6 years ago, came on a platter with water buffalo, roo and a sauce weirdly named monkey gland sauce (was just plain sauce with seasoning though) and I don't mind it, but don't believe the hype, it doesn't taste like chicken.

I used to look after crocs for a job so I will never eat one, but apparently dont taste that nice anyway? I had to cut up goat to feed them so that has turned me off goat now as well... The smell is unbearable. We shoot our own deer which is nice if cooked right but most of our meat come from the Super butcher.. Pick your own and it's cut up however you like it.... Can't beat it!

Last edited:
I have yet to have been lucky enough to shoot Myself a dear. Only the Billy goats stink.
Then again any animals stinks when youre skinning/gutting it.
If you skin it properly you should only smell Blood. Unless its a billy thats pissed all over itself. Best tip. Skin
It within 5 minutes of shooting it. Drop the guys on the spot. Keep them away from the camp. And bobs you uncle. Nomore
Smell.

KraftyPg said:
Shooting a dear isn't for everyone, some people like being single :ha:

Well aren't I
Lucky my girl doesn't mind at all along as she don't have to skin it :)
Shed rather drive and watch me do it :)

Back