Torsion bar adjuster problem??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yakka

Reaction score
I have just installed new shocks in my D22 and am planning to fit either lifted leaf springs or air bags in the rear and winding up the torsion bars. While under the vehicle installing the shocks I was checking out the adjusters for the torsion bars and noticed that the left adjuster bolt is clear of the crossmember where as the right is still up out of the way.
I am aware that the torsion bars need to be removed and reset approx 6 splines to achieve lift but do you think it sounds like someone has had a crack at this before I bought it or could one of the bars be losing its spring rate quicker than the other resulting in further adjustment on one than the other?
My other question is, do the torsion bars have a master spline that would prevent the spline being reset (rotated) with out creating a new master?

Any help appreciated, I'll probably be having a crack on the weekend anyways....

My other question is, do the torsion bars have a master spline that would prevent the spline being reset (rotated) with out creating a new master?
no index on the torsions, so nothing stopping you rotating them.

Latest posts

Back