Front pad wear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
Just changed the pads on the front of the truck. I noticed that the inner (i.e. piston side) pads were significantly more worn than the outers. The pads are supposed to be self-centering via sliding main pins. These feel as though they are free and sliding well. So my question is this: is uneven wear common to the D22 or should I investigate those pins further?

Ta
N

I think the outer pads had like 1mm more then the inner's on mine when they got changed.

Still had about 4mm left at 160,000km's.

Dont have to worry about them for a long time now.

I think the outer pads had like 1mm more then the inner's on mine when they got changed.

Hmmm. Mine had 1-2mm on the inner & 4-5mm on the outers. I think I will pull those pins and clean them up a bit.

Ta.

thats strange i will check mine on weekend. its only done a measily 38000kms though but this is interesting. i good service should fix that issue and some new pads cause the others will be dead by now. 1mm is good for self centering pistons etc i have seen worse. like on a mazda i had ot change htey had no outter and almost full inners on self centering pistons. odd but it got a full overhaul on its breaks and is brilliant now but what a pain of a job.

The uneven wear you get is natural for a caliper with pistons only on one side.

I have put about 60,000km's on the new Nissan pads and have about 8mm left on them.

But thats night driving all the time, drop back a gear all the time.

The uneven wear you get is natural for a caliper with pistons only on one side.

Yep. But I would have thought the wear would be a bit more even given that they are self-centering and all. It'd be good to hear from a few other folks regarding wear rates. Anyone...?

Yep. But I would have thought the wear would be a bit more even given that they are self-centering and all. It'd be good to hear from a few other folks regarding wear rates. Anyone...?

thats the way it is....if its a problem, put some Brembo's in .

Great pad wear on your Spain built Navs. My Thai built had to get the pads replaced at 38Tkms. No towing but I do get the tub loaded quite a bit.

Naked ape I had a similar result to you - almost nothing left on the inner and 4-5mm on the outer. Monitor your new pads every second service and see if they wear more evenly.

It's not a problem as such - I did get 200k off a set. It's just a niggling curiosity (and I hate niggling curiosities).

I wouldnt be complaining with 200K from a set of pads,
there is a hell of a lot of cars on the road that are lucky to get 50K from both pads and rotors....

Latest posts

Back