ST clutch repair

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjkr74

Reaction score
Hi all

Wondering if anyone knows more about repairs being done on ST clutches, my local dealer has ordered parts to repair the clutch as it clatters at times under acceleration?

Stock 2010 ST dual cab - colour - never again black:wash_truck:

I've heard that the clutch is under warrantee upto 80thou kms - so if the dealer is offering to fix it under warrantee (and since your ute is only 1 year old) let them do it !!!

to me it looks like it's an oversized/extended clutch line that is installed..

definitely stops the rattle

i got my st clutch replaced about 3 weeks ago under warranty. i'd done 27k. they told me that next time i would be paying. mine had totaly gone though.

All fixed and the rattle has stopped, scary that on the job card they stated "removed and replaced clutch pipes and related parts due to poor manufacturing causing rattle".

at least they fixed it and all good now. :)

I had that rattle right from the start and nissan said they were going to fix it next service.

Then the cluch went on mine last week on Fraser Island, just having enough to get back home.
The car has only done 16500km on the clock.
I couldn't wait for nissan to assess so paid $1800 fitted for a new heavy duty one.

Now just got to take up the fight with nissan to see if I can get any of this money back...

I had that rattle right from the start and nissan said they were going to fix it next service.

Then the cluch went on mine last week on Fraser Island, just having enough to get back home.
I couldn't wait for nissan to assess so paid $1800 fitted for a new heavy duty one.

Now just got to take up the fight with nissan to see if I can get any of this money back...

Trev, what brand and who fitted it, price sounds pretty good.

Trev, what brand and who fitted it, price sounds pretty good.

I got the clutch from NPC Performance Clutches. The price I got it for was trade price as I knew the owners.
It was then fitted by Hart Transmission, also a bit cheaper as my girlfriend's father deals with these guys.

So Dave, you may pay a little more, but I would highly recommend both of these guys.

How did nissan respond to your request?

it might help if you still have the damaged parts. i am pretty sure that the dealers get reimbursed by the national company and have to lodge a case with them.

trav said:
I got the clutch from NPC Performance Clutches. The price I got it for was trade price as I knew the owners.
It was then fitted by Hart Transmission, also a bit cheaper as my girlfriend's father deals with these guys.

So Dave, you may pay a little more, but I would highly recommend both of these guys.

Unfortunately if Nissan don't so the job theydont pay. At 16500 would have been a straight change. 2 days wait max

I kept the old burnt out clutch, but haven't taken it to them yet.

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.

I have a 2007 STX D40 ,105,000kms just had 4th and hopefully last clutch fitted. This time heavy duty and no pissy dual mass fly wheel.
Ist clutch replaced by Nissan under warrantyat 17000kms. they fitted new clutch but did not change the fly wheel. Had problems almost immediately especially when towing. Took it back and Nissan replaced the whole assembly.They gave me a courtesy Navara while they fixed it. They then tried to charge me $1200 for the repair but i refused.

Mines just clicked over 3k and knowing the clutch isnt the best, Is there any recommendations i can follow or keep in mind with my ST?

if that all makes sense...

i am definately no expert, and i think (apart from it being shit ) i turbocharged the deteriation while reversing with my trailer up my driveway each night after finishing work, no choice but to ride it a little.

jayk said:
i am definately no expert, and i think (apart from it being shit ) i turbocharged the deteriation while reversing with my trailer up my driveway each night after finishing work, no choice but to ride it a little.

Wouldn't happen to live around the pambula merimbula area would you jayk

fair enough,
heard from a family friend down the coast there was a guy around the area who did the same to his clutch, I.e backing a trailor up the drive way, hes been through a few clutches doing it. nissan ended up putting an auto gear box in to eliminate the problem.

Back