Stereo wiring diagram

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy

Reaction score
hi guys,
Just sold my D22 and got myself a 2011 ST D40, Problem is now trying to install my stereo.
I got no idea what wires do what. I have a steering wheel controller aswell.

If any one has a diagram or a list of what each colour does.

That would be great
Cheers
Justin

yer used a multimeter, worked it all out. Was alot easier then i thought. Now just gotta work out which ones are for the steering wheel controls. Got the control box for them.

I think you'll find most of the manuals on ebay (like the one on this site) are only updates for models after about 08 and they wiring diagrams and colours is one of the areas that constantly changes, so at best it should only be used as a guide anyway.

how did you go with the steering wheel control? which wires were they? are they in the CAN network?

Havnt finished programming the sensor for the steering wheel controls yet. But at pac-audio site. if u look under pathfinder it has the same plug for the stereo and only has 3 wires left in the same spot. So im hoping they r the ones.

Well done Jonesy.

Been wondering for ages just how far back the Pathy/STX similarities go, some suggest despite being made on the same plant they wiring will be different but from what I've seen there is enough extra wiring in my 09 to warrant the fancy Pathy bits we didn't get.

All I need to do now is find someone with an R51 Pathy who will let me rip apart their dash.

Navara D40 2014 Steering wheel control wires

Just completed installing a replacement GPS/DVD double DIN head unit in a D40 series 6 Navara with existing factory bluetooth.

Bought the DNA ISO harness part No. AWH3091 and the DNA antenna adapter part No. NI-6

http://www.dnaaudio.com.au/index.php/amfinder

There is no reverse wire at the head unit, so will have to run one from the rear.

The unit purchased had provision to learn the steering wheel controls.

Once the factory unit was removed the information button on the steering wheel no longer operated, this controls the tripmeter and fuel use etc.

At the wiring harness plug (car side) there are three extra wires in the harness in position 6 (pink with two silver bands), 15 (blue with two silver bands) and 16 (white with two silver bands), these are the steering wheel controls.

Position 15 needs to be earthed, this will enable the information button to work again, this is also the common for the steering controls

Position 6 is the volume up and search up return wire.

Position 16 is the volume down and search down return wire.

The return wires both have resistance and will drop the voltage a couple of volts (testing with a meter)

Latest posts

Back