tire noise when turning right

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
i have this really annoying tire vibration and humming only when turning to the right on the tarmac, doesn't matter how much to the right as it does it when just veering side to side in the same lane, gets worse with increased speed. not sure whether it's a steering or tire issue. anyone else experienced this? i run just the bridgestone 694 At's 265/70r16

Can't say I've noticed it, we had a noise in a tyre on the way to the Muster but it was just a rock caught in the tread.

If it's a noise in a specific direction, it could be cause by loading the off-side (in your case, the left) CV joint or wheel bearing. Pop the front end up on jacks and give both wheels a good shake. They shouldn't have much play in them at all.

i had a similar problem a while back, but mine was turning left.
i checked the wheel bearings etc first, but they were ok.
turned out to be wheel camber was way out, way too positive (bottom of wheels more inboard than top)
the tyres were riding on the very outside of the tread around corners creating a noise like muddies would

Latest posts

Back