Exedy heavy duty cushion button???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hat the heck is the real world difference between the regular heavy duty kit (part# NSK-7373HD) and the heavy duty cushion button kit (part# NSK-7373HDCB)?

I'm doing my research into it now and looking for the best price so when it comes time (before Christmas probably) I'm ready.

button cushon:

"Our Heavy Duty Cushion Button (HDCB suffix) clutch kits are recommended for use in moderately tuned vehicles that are driven on a daily basis.

This product utilises the positive aspects of an extremely durable ceramic material which has the capacity to transmit increased engine torque while maintaining a relatively comfortable engagement feeling attributed to the unique process of attaching the ceramic material to the clutch disc segment or marcel.

To complement these unique clutch discs, HDCB clutch kits are also supplied with high performance clutch cover assemblies with increased clamp loads.
"

I got the standard HD and it is a little tight still. Perhaps the cushion helps it transition a little smoother.....

So does it mean that its a heavy duty clutch but with the feel of a normal kit? Heavy duty clutch soft pedal?

This is interesting I am not up for a clutch for a long time yet but its handy to know. With only 38000 on the odometer its got a long stretch before it goes.

I would think its a blend of a bitie / race clutch with a soft engaguement feel - so for every day driving it feels smooth but it grabs well for that "increased clamp load" they mentioned above.

The standard HD does bite on engaging the cltuch a lot more than the factory one. THough I find it OK - not sure on cost differences. The standard HD is about $700

ljacko78 said:
The standard HD is about $700

I know I've already PM'd you this info, but for everyone else, you can get the Exedy clutch kits on your doorstep for $720 from eBay. I had a chain store of mechanics try and sell me one for over $1100.

Just so y'all know!

Back