Gas bonnet struts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
i have a 09 str and im over having the metal bar thing thats holds the bonnet up in my way all the bloody time.

does anyone know of a gas strut system i could install liek the patrols have that will hold the bonnet up so i have nothing in the way while i work under the hood?
ORhas anyone already done this and tell me what kit they used or where they went and what $$

Cheers
Rusty

Search for struts, it might be in the D40 section but I am sure AussieFrontier started a thread about ebay struts he was getting or did have.

Dammit why is it I can remember that you did that thread god knows how long ago but can't remember what it was I did three days ago?

im gonna sus out a universal kit and give a strut company a call and see what $$ they want for install.

ive searched google etc and only can find the D40/R51 Pathfinder stuff no d22 items

Cheers
Rusty

nice rusty, lets us know what you find.

all else failing, it shouldn't be too hard to retro fit a D40 kit to suit. (weight difference in the bonnets might be an issue, the D22 is a longer bonnet, i'm pretty sure)

I'm pretty sure any universal kit should fit Aslong as there is enough lift in the gas compression of the strut. There is a few universal kits around. But will ring regas and get some quotes

Yeah I have them and just had a look but cant see any for the models other than the D40

Hey Aussie I just fitted a pair they seem to be alright just gotta be careful when bonnet goes up not to let it go bit of flex, any idea what the other 2 parts are that come with it.

Last edited:
Hey Aussie I just fitted a pair they seem to be alright just gotta be careful when bonnet goes up not to let it go bit of flex, any idea what the other 2 parts are that come with it.

I have had the ebay struts on for about 4 months now and I don't like the flex in the bonnet there is no dampening in them so I went to a strut place this morning and they gas & oiled a set up for me $77 with 2 yrs warranty bonnet come up slowly now like it should not like it use to fly out of your hands and try go over the roof.

Cheers Lyle

Bumping an old thread up. Bit the bullet and ordered a strut kit specified for a frontier 04 model. Should see it in the next couple of weeks

Hey guys,
Cant wait to see what the struts look like/how they work out.
I'm looking at doing it to my truck so if you grab any pics of finished product would be greatly appreciated!
Good luck!

For those guys waiting on this thread to get some action i am still waiting on arrival of product. This is due to quality issues and it not being released from the warehouse. They are waiting on more brackets to be manufactured and delivered and they will be quality checked and sent. They have kept me posted the whole time and will update once they have arrived

Strut Update ???

Any Update on the Struts.. Wouldn't mind some pics of it installed?

Cheers Thanks

Na mate no progress. Been in contact with a few guys in Queensland and were happy to use my rig as a guinea pig.

The guy I tried to them from the US didn't return my emails after the first bunch were knocked back due to quality control issues.

Latest posts

Back