Anti smoking crap.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Walked into the local IGA about an hour a go to get a bottle of milk and a pack of B&H smooth.

Walk to the check out, ask for my smokes and I am told "you have to use the other counter" I reply "yeah ok".

If the goverment banned them, that would be easier making me quit.

Really is making the packs all white going to make people think "the pack is plain, that will make me quit".

I know I gotta quit but I am just sick of Kevin Rudd trying to save everyone from themselves.

Dave.

Idea of the white packs is to make people think they are doing something.
And they don't really want you to quit. Your addiction to tobacco is nothing compared to their addiction to the taxes.

I have never smoked myself but think if someone is silly enough to want to do it then so what. Let them. (as long as its not hurting anyone else).

KRud really p!sses me off with all that crap.

I have to pay more for my bourbon and cokes as he figured he needed to save some young people (that legally can make their own choices) from drinking too much.

if the government were smart they'd increase the drinking age by 1 year and that alone would sort out a bunch of stuff.

making the drinking age 19 would mean;
-all the obvious girls and guys under 18 would be spotted
-at leavers and schoolies week the 'older' friends in the class wont be able to get the booze meaning less drunk little shits and less drunk 17 yo's having car crashes with a bunch of friends in the back of it.

its like the big v8 ban shit for young drivers. once you go past 110km/h, the legal road limit, no matter what you hit using a big v8 commie or a small inline 4 ute like myself, someones going to get hurt or die. you either hit a tree fast or slow, just because you go faster doesnt mean you'll be able to magically drive through it fine.

apparently theres a new law that no young drivers can drive turbo or supercharged cars, ahem, my ute is a TD. not the most powerful at all, but just goes to show the system is flawed from the start.

its like the big v8 ban shit for young drivers. once you go past 110km/h, the legal road limit, no matter what you hit using a big v8 commie or a small inline 4 ute like myself, someones going to get hurt or die. you either hit a tree fast or slow, just because you go faster doesnt mean you'll be able to magically drive through it fine.

apparently theres a new law that no young drivers can drive turbo or supercharged cars, ahem, my ute is a TD. not the most powerful at all, but just goes to show the system is flawed from the start.

On the turbo law, turbo diesels are permitted in QLD and VIC, but not 8+ cylinder diesels turbo or otherwise. The law is fairly uniform so I guess it's the same for WA, though I can't find any reference to it on the DPI WA website? I agree that it's a stupid law, my 1999 V6 can outperform many 1970s V8s, cylinder quantity does not always make a car a dragster. Having said that, I think it's more likely a law they enforce after the fact, like when you've stacked it or get done speeding. I haven't been pulled over in about 3000km of semi-urban driving in a 2.0T A3 or F250 V8 TD.

that law applies for over 150 kw's or some shit like that. which means turbo diesels and shit are allowed. but yeah i understand its a stupid rule. they recently changed motorbike laws in queensland from restricted being anything 250 and under to up to 660 cc aslong as its less than 150 kw's. sorry but my ktm does 160 170 and i got no hope of living at that speed.

the dpi wa website has shit all info in terms of specific laws and rules so i've given up on that site pretty much.

in my 10,000km from being an L plater to a P plater in my ute, not once have the cops pulled me over or anything, even when i slowly drove past them with no P plates on at all. i even just pulled off the lights revving and a small tyre squeal right next to one and he didnt give a shit, lol

knock on wood, haha

that law applies for over 150 kw's or some shit like that. which means turbo diesels and shit are allowed. but yeah i understand its a stupid rule.

The plot thickens. In Victoria, power output doesn't affect the turbo/8 cylinder law. I also love how installing a six point racing harness, more effective brakes or grippier tyres makes a car a deathtrap, P-platers can't drive cars modified in any way, shape or form.

Latest posts

Back