Moving to Perth - info on registration transfer, etc needed!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm moving from Melbourne to Perth early next month and need to find out some details about transferring my rego over to WA. I notice on the Dept of Transport site that as long as the vehicle is 'unmodified; or has been modified and issued with a modification permit from an ES jurisdiction; or has a modification that does not require approval' then I can transfer the registration over without having an inspection done. Am I going to run into problems with my 2 inch suspension lift and 32' tyres? Also, do commercial diesel vehicles need a catalytic converter in WA? The cat in my 3 inch exhaust knocks on the front end of my drive shaft when the engine is under strain in low range and I want to have it pulled out and replaced with 3 inch mandrel bent pipe before I move over. If I just tell them that the modifications on the vehicle don't require approval will they just accept that or send someone out to have a look over it?

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

Rules have most likely changed since I moved over there (12 years ago) but at that time we had to have an immobiliser fitted to my wifes car and it had to go over "the pits" at the local dept of Transport at the time. From my experience with the car and my boat trailer, they don't miss much. You might need to talk to someone more in the know about vehicle mods specifcally with reference to WA.

Regards

Scott

g'day matt
a friend of mine moved back here from brisbane about 2 years ago with his modified 180sx and because he had owned the car over there for more than a year(i think it was one maybe two??) he didn't require an inspection.
just had to do some paperwork.
it'd be worth checking out that angle.
craig

Cheers guys, I might give the WA Dept of Transport a call next week and suss it out.

Surely those 'bling' wheels of yours will draw some attention mate?

Yeah Heata, he may have to leave some of his mods behind........like his new rear lights and 3inch exhaust.....and if he wants to leave his 32" spare I'll look after it for him.

Matt

If you are planning on living anywhere other than the south western suburbs i.e. north of the river or south east near the hills, don't bother changing your rego over cos the car will be stolen within the week.

:rock:

And driving here with Vic plates people just think you're here to cash in on their mining boom and they drive like fuck wits to scare you back home.

Yeah Heata, he may have to leave some of his mods behind........like his new rear lights and 3inch exhaust.....and if he wants to leave his 32" spare I'll look after it for him.

But I thought only suckers carried a spare the same size as the other tyres they run?

Welocome to WA krafty, been here 26yrs and in that time they still can`t merge on the freeway.

And where your staying is just shit in the mornings.
Besides that I wouldn`t go back to Sale if you paid me.

I feel so welcome I'm leaving in 2 days, they can't merge much better in Victoria but atleast the people of WA aren't there.

Where I am staying is shit all the time, if you knew my relos you'd know that.....unless of course you are one and in that case it's still shit.

As for Sale no one in their right mind would live in Sale, it's one step away from living in Moe.

Actually more from Maffra than Sale the further you get from Perth the better it gets. Anyway enjoy your drive back and remember to pay your leaving tax at the border.

Spent more than enough years delivering to the entire area to know those who got kicked of Moe for lack of brain cells and no moccasins founded Maffra.

The drive back is always more pleasant than the drive here because Perth People aren't at the end.

Latest posts

Back