Sound Proofing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey,

has anyone done any sound proof on the navara?
i saw photos some where a while ago of sound proofing the doors.
is it worth it?
what would ya use to do it.
and how much would it cost?

I priced a single cab at $225 including wastage, go to the Jaycar website and download their catalogue, the prices for the various types are in there. I will be using two different types as the ones that don't rot in water are more expensive and the roof lining shouldn't be getting wet...

where abouts on jaycar site.
i couldn't find where abouts it is, or which section to look in

Clicky.

However, it's a pretty sizeable download, so I'll just tell you:

Bitumen based acoustic sound absorbing deadening material 330x330mm: 1+ $24.95, 5+ $22.35, 10+ $19.70.

Barium powder based PVC sheet, 700x330x2.3mm: 1+ $9.95, 5+ $8.75, 10+ $7.75.

Heavier barium powder based PVC sheet, 675x330x6mm: 1+ $18.95, 5+ $16.95, 10+ $14.95.

There's specs in the catalogue.

Aree the jaycar soundproofing sheets adhesive? I bought some years ago and you need to glue it on. Another item on my "one of these days" lists is to do both of my cars out with Dynamat. It's dear tho. a bulk pack is about $300 I think and will be plenty for both doors and some extras. the good thing is that you can warm it a little in the sun and it molds to all the bumps etc in the panel you are covering and is self adhesive. I have use a couple of squares behind some very loud front speakers to deaden the outer door panel in my sedan. It works a treat

hey,

i dont know what to use i just want to make the cabin quiter ah.
i have no idea which product to use.
is the dynamat for putting in the doors?
i was looking for a self adhisive thing

Jaycar's bitumen based sheet is self adhesive. Typically you use the one with the best deadening qualities for the cheapest price, and then you just have to consider if it's a type that rots with moisture.

The jaycar stuff is ok, but try this stuff called dynomat.

Plenty of rice burners use it (really thin panels), and it works well.

You use a roller to put it on and it already has the adhesive on the back (from memory)

dynamat, Cars, Bikes, Boats, Holden items at low prices on eBay.com.au

I'd be doing the firewall and front doors first. Also the roof, if you're worried about the heat/cold!

Was chatting to a bloke I know about dynamat installs. He has a car audio install business. I said I want my cars quieter less road noise. his response surprised me..then it made sense. He reckons, sure, do your doors etc but the biggest gain in noise reduction is to remove your headlining and dynamat the inside of the roof! bugger of a job, would need two people but well worth it he reckons

That does make sense, I had included soundproofing the roof in my own estimate, but then I went and bought a dual cab so the estimate is all wrong. Thanks for the input, that makes me more confident that my soundproofing efforts will net some gain.

Back