Advice on suspension!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MYD40STX

Reaction score
Hey everyone! i have just purchased a silver D40 STX kingcab. Im in melbourne. The main use of this car is for a work car, i have a custom alloy canopy getting made so it can house all my tools of the trade.

My main concern is that suspension will not hold, i have read most of the treads on here but most of the question and advise is for a lift kit or body lift, i need a suspension that will hold up my load.

I'm new to this kind of set-up, but i would like some help.
Do i change springs shocks leafs?
What brand?
where?

Any help will appreciated.

Last edited:
I have the OME (400kg constant load I think) in mine, and it carrys the load, is more comfortable then the original, and handles MUCH better than the original, even when I am empty.

I your D40 is being used a trade vehicle you will need heavy duty suspension
Full Bluemax kit $1425 plus shipping
If you wanted to save a few bucks you could reuse the front shocks & the rear shackles
Cheers

Last edited:
thanks guys for all your advice. Spoke to the guys at my local ARB, ARB do a 300kg+ kit but l also looked at the Tough Dog Suspension they do a 500kg kit.
Has anyone here used the 500kg rear springs?
and how were they?

How much load do you THINK your likely to put on when compared to stock (including the canopy).

I've just gone right through the figures that my UTE is carrying, and it is so scary how it all adds up. I have easily got 800+kg's added to my vehicle with all my extras, and then in the draw system tools, pots n pans and recovery gear and then 2nd battery and fridge.

I suggest go for the best quality suspension kit you can afford - not the cheapest. You will be suprised how little it takes to add 500kg to your pride and joy very quickly - it doesnt all have to be in tools and removeble load.

My main concern is that suspension will not hold, i have read most of the treads on here but most of the question and advise is for a lift kit or body lift, i need a suspension that will hold up my load.

Back to you original post ...

Body lift will NOT help with load carrying capabilities - It will only help you fit over sized tyres.

Suspension replacement is the way to go. You only need to put a lift-kit in if your wanting to do any off-roading on a regular basis.

You have stated that your wanting to carry a load ... therefore you might get away with a bolt on kit to your existing rear suspension - for instance using Ironman Load Plus helper springs. Heaps cheaper, and you can do them yourself very easily.

I just spent a few months looking into front and rear suspension. My advice is to go to a supplier/fitter that is close so if you have trouble you can drop in and see them easily. Having said that, I'd suggest you go with well known brands. Having said that, seek out advice from suspension professionals, with China making everything under the sun these days, you can no longer be sure that what costs $400 from supplier A is not the same thing as what costs $300 from supplier B.

No one's mentioned it yet, but look into airbags, they could be your best bet??

Latest posts

Back