silly mistake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtjockey

Reaction score
I inadvertantly left the igintion on all night (ZD30) - dumb I know - wanted the kids involved in changing a tailight bulb - got sidetracked etc.

I think it has burnt out the Glowplug relay - which just clicks (the glowplug light does not go off) - I've ordered a new module and hopefully that will fix it - but could it have done any other damaged i.e. Glow plugs themselves? or anything else I might need to look at.

Thanks

de

I'd suspect a flat battery first. That's a lot of juice to use over an extended period of time.

The glowplugs are designed to withstand considerable heat (they are exposed to combustion temperatures) but that wouldn't rule out damage to the inner heating element, it'd just make it less likely.

The relay shouldn't have suffered either. Try getting a voltage reading off the battery (ignition off). It should be 12.6-12.8V.

thanks Tony - all sorted now - it was just a flat battery - when the car would not start I turned on the lights (which worked) - the radio and horn worked - that why I thought the battery was ok - I guess it just did not have enough juice to turn over the car.

Thanks to Krankin, we know these diesels need 500 amps and more to turn 'em over. Headlights and horn combined don't even hold a candle to the starter motor's hunger!

Good to hear it's fixed.

I remember reading about a 2H powered Landcruiser years ago that cooked the head after the glow plug timer relay got stuck.

Dunno how true it is but I suppose its possible.

Back